4 Days [Guilt]

It was a nice day.

It had been a nice day.

But ever since Rize had came into Kaneki's life, nice days never lasted.

Even if the sky was filled with the brightest oranges, and enticing reds, and the air was crisp against his skin... decent days could've ended just as soon as they had started.

When Kaneki walked back into Anteiku after spending a small day with Hinami, the first thing he didn't expect to see what Y/N sprawled on the floor with pills surrounding her, along with Touka trying to calm her down. Her small frame was quivering and he noticed something was dribbling down her chin, and her eyes were wide open. Touka was trying to coax her out of whatever trance she was in, yet Y/N didn't budge and seemed to only shake more violently everytime Touka even attempted to gain her attention.

Suddenly the day felt colder and the winds outside were harsher. Today was no longer a good day, and Kaneki figured would be just another traumatic experience he'd mark on the calendar.

As he felt his heartbeat speed up, and all other senses go numb, Kaneki's gaze moved to the white tablets scattered along the floor. The pills looked prescribed, for the most part.

Immediately, Kaneki dropped everything -which included a delicate teacup he had gotten- and went to console her, but was tackled to the ground by his orange-haired colleague, Nishiki.

"Hinami, go to your room," Touka told the young and startled girl.

Soon Kaneki could hear a pair of feet scurry away as Hinami tripped up the stairs, listening to Touka's command. But a sickeningly sweet scent was beginning to drift through the air that made Kaneki's stomach twist and churn.

The familiar voice who he tried to hold back so many times was starting to become aroused and awaken as the scent of blood became stronger.

Only the thoughts of how flesh would satisfy him would soon fill his mind, and that was what Kaneki was fearing most.

"Nishiki!" Kaneki struggled as Nishiki easily overpowered his arms and held him back.

Kaneki told himself that he'd keep a restraint for Y/N. That's why he had to get loose from Nishiki's determined grasp. Yet, a part of him wanted nothing more than to make a buffet out of his past lover.

Honestly, Kaneki knew that Touka coaxing Y/N in the background was the only thing keeping him sane. His vision was wavering to only wanting to see red, and images of flesh tearing so easily under his fingers flashed across his mind.

Touka on the other hand, was trying to stop Y/N from attempting to rip her own skin off.

The girl was lost in her dark mind, focused around the thoughts of the nights she lost her memories.

The PTSD was kicking in, and Y/N couldn't handle it. Not with thoughts that involved pitch black darkness, then a rapid heartbeat, to only end with blood splatter repeated in her mind.

But while Nishiki was holding Kaneki down who was getting hungrier by the moment, and Touka was shaking Y/N's shoulders violently to get her to snap out of the incident that happened many nights ago, both were worried about what they were going to tell the boy who started it all.

Both Nishiki and Touka knew what triggered for Y/N to go into a spiral that only went down, and they'd have to tell Kaneki.

It was a picture of Kaneki and Rize that no one knew even existed.

And it was connected to the short-term memory loss Y/N had been suffering from.

Kaneki only felt,

guilt.