8 Days [Agitation]

Kaneki couldn't help himself.

It was so tempting to follow her, that Kaneki went on impulse.

As Y/N started to gain more memories -but none of him- she started to resume her normal routine.

Every morning she'd go to Anteiku to get her favorite cup of tea, vanilla with an extra dash of cinnamon. She purposely did it before classes so she'd have calm nerves before beginning schoolwork.

After her classes were done, they were only three hours each and two a day, she'd go to a vacant bench in the school's courtyard to either study or do homework. Kaneki seemed to easily blend in with the surroundings, whether he happened to be hiding in a tree, or blending in with a crowd of strangers and keeping busy.

He couldn't help but be eased by watching her delicate features as she worked hard. Her slender fingers turned another page and just from that simple action, Kaneki was mesmerized.

He was infatuated all over again.

~

It was in the late afternoon, and Kaneki was sure Touka was gonna be pissed that he missed his shift, but when he was with Y/N (well, in this case watching her) time seemed to slip through his fingers like grains a sand. Each second was precious, but disappeared so quickly.

The area that Y/N was walking around seemed quite familiar and deserted, when finally everything clicked.

Is she going to-

"Kaneki? What are you doing here?" A smooth mono-tone voice asked from behind him.

"Uta?" Y/N asked as she stopped walking and whipped around. A smile was on her face as she watched Uta in delight, while he hovered over Kaneki.

Kaneki happened to be crouching by the side of a building so the position was awkward.

"Kaneki?" Y/N question as a frown washed over her exquisite features.

"Do you have an appointment with Uta-chan as well?"

Kaneki moved Uta aside so he could get a better look at Y/N, whom seemed more confused than anything. Kaneki wasn't sure whether he should be jealous or confused, but him standing there wasn't helping the situation.

"I do," He lied.

Uta's Mask shop was in a nearby alleyway, so that's where Y/N must've been heading... but why?

By now Kaneki had a feeling rotting in the pit of his stomach.

Agitation.