Emerald City Mined Dry

After My Pain...my Curse:
—————
(For those from Seattle, my Apologies)

The sun was high in the sky, the sounds of cars and people walking around and enjoying their day fills the city. From moving place to place to wandering aimlessly, Seattle is a city that never stands still.

Near the waterfront, a father and his daughter are enjoying vanilla ice cream they bought just down the road.

Father: How's the cone, Siara?

Siara: It's great!

Chuckling to himself, he looks out to the ocean and kept eating his own ice cream.

Siara: Hm? Daddy, what's that?

She pointed out to the ocean, there was a black mass rising out of the water.

Father: I don't know...it could be a dolphin, or maybe a shark?

The figure slowly came to shore, not being noticed by many other than the two.

Soon enough, more of them surface behind it, making their way to shore.

Finally, they step onto the beach, the people around notice them and step away. The siren threat was still present, but these didn't look like them.

Lifeguard: Excuse me? May I ask who you folk are?

The lead girl turns to look at him.

...

*BOOM*

The man was shot, utterly obliterated by a single salvo. The result? Panic.

The people on the beach screamed and ran, trying to get away from the monsters, yet no matter how fast they were, they couldn't escape them.

Some were shot, some were stabbed, some were eaten by the massive tails with mouths that some of them had.

To the side of it all, the father was with his daughter. They both witnessed what had happened.

He picked up his daughter and ran.

Turning a corner, shells flew past him as they leveled the city, causing untold amounts of death and destruction. He weaved past the many buildings that collapsed around him, making sure his daughter was safe from the falling rubble.

Siara: *crying* Daddy! I-I'm scared!

Father: It's ok sweetie, we'll get out of this...just quiet down and-

*BOOM*

An explosion rang out behind them, launching the two and hurtling Siara into a wall, knocking her unconscious.

...

Siara: Owwie...

She woke up, but she couldn't hear anything, her head was throbbing and her ears were ringing.

After sitting there for a few minutes, she was able to stand, and could hear again.

There was...

Nothing

No screams, just fire and alarms.

Siara: H-hello?...Daddy?...Anybody?

Siara walked forward ever so carefully, trying to stay hidden in case those monsters were still here.

Siara: Daddy?

She looked around, finding no one, not even bodies, except one at the other side of the road. It was mostly buried under rubble.

She walked closer, feeling her heart beat faster the closer she got. Finally, when she saw the face, it all stopped.

Siara: No...