Improper Enlistment

The black bubble that formed around the battlezone finally dissipated letting the world see inside after minutes of silence.

One thing of note was the Sirens' retreat, as many people around the world cheered for the shipgirls.

On the other hand, when they slowly returned to shore, there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm and, most importantly, people.

The commander stepped forward, with a gentle voice, she tried to find out what had happened to the fleet.

After several minutes of conversing privately, Kiana came over to the News group, clearly saddened.

Reporter: Ma'am, what happened out there?

Kiana looked her in the eyes, before she gently took the microphone from her hands. She looked into the camera, knowing just how many people were tuned into this fight.

Millions, possibly billions were listening in...

Kiana: To everyone around the world, I am Kiana Kaslana, commander of Azur lane...and today was a monumental loss for humanity

...

Kiana: After getting what I could from the girls, it turns out the Abyssals cut into the fight and started attacking both sides. With many Sirens being destroyed but...

She took a deep breath

Kiana: We also lost 12 shipgirls to them, as they were dragged away by the Abyssals to God knows where

The camera crew were shocked at the development, and if they were, Kiana could only guess how the rest of the World felt for such a loss.

Kiana: The girls wished to keep who was taken under wraps...but there is another problem that is far worse than this

...

Kiana: The USS Enterprise, famous for her incredible fighting power, unshakable will, and...loyalty...

Reporter:*downtrodden* She's...she's dead?

Kiana: No...

She looked back to the camera, steeling herself for what's to come.

Kiana: She has defected...to the Abyssal side
—————

Iowa: Well, to think you would actually choose us

Enterprise: Well...I originally wasn't, but Hornet gave me the push to do it

Iowa: H-huh?! Did she call you a sissy or something?!

Enterprise: No! She said that "if I could save my friends and family by working with the one who showed me the truth, I'd do it even if they hate me"

Iowa:...Then you must really be prepared for the hate that's to come

Enterprise: I'm trying to be, but it isn't easy

Iowa: Oh believe me it won't be, but you have me, Amagi, and Siara to help you

Enterprise: Siara?

Iowa: Oh right, you would know her as the Northern Princess

They stepped into the palace, where the Abyssals bowed their heads as the two passed.

Enterprise: They really respect you don't they?

Iowa: I was the one to grant them their new lives as Abyssals, so I'm pretty sure they grew absolute loyalty from that

Enterprise: I guess so...where exactly are we going by the way?

Iowa smiled, as she was leading her to a very important room.