The Heart of a Dead Woman

Darkness fell over Azur lane, with everyone asleep or nearly so. Cleveland was staying with Kiana that night as it was already late and she was more than happy to stay anyway.

However, the base was resting and welcoming the night. Down in the deep...there is a somber atmosphere surrounding the castle, the walls themselves are grieving for the soul that cries out.

Iowa was in her room, her head in her hands and resting next to a small box on her dresser.

She met her true sister, she actually did! But...now they've been separated once more, and now...they are enemies.

Iowa:...

She brought her hands away from her face, looking over to the box on the side. She grabbed it and gently looked it over, knowing just what it was.

As per her request many years ago, if and when they gave her a real sister, she wanted her to have a musical locket that she personally created. The need for attachment was obvious in the other girls, so to keep her sister happy, she wanted to give her a musical locket.

...

Tears slowly welled up in her eyes, as she slowly opened the locket and winded up the sound, and when she let go, she placed it down and listened.

The tune she made so long ago, meant for another purpose entirely now being used for another...but such is her life isn't it?

...

She clenched her hands, slowly standing up.

Iowa: I can't...the land base is fully operational, the war is going well, but I want this...no...I need this

She dressed herself, opening a portal a short distance from her target.

Iowa: This is beyond stupid, but I need closure...I want a goddamn excuse!

She steeled herself, and walked through the portal, leaving the room empty once again.

Something she didn't notice was that the door was slightly ajar, and several people were behind it.

N.P: Is mommy okay?

Enterprise: I'm...not sure Siara, I'm really not

N.P: Auntie Amagi, you always cheer me up, can't you do the same with her?

Amagi looked down at her, drooping her ears.

Amagi: I...I can't help her with this, she need to end it herself, and she's the only one who knows how

With that, Enterprise closed the door and took Siara away, finally taking her too bed. Amagi stayed for only a bit longer, remembering the tunes of the locket even when Iowa took it with her.

Amagi: Whatever plaques you Iowa, we're always here to help you...remember that, please...
—————

The hours passed by, and the sun slowly peaked over the horizon and slowly woke the shipgirls from their sleep.

Soon enough, the base was flooded with confusion, as when someone went outside, a soft and almost sad melody could be heard echoing from somewhere in the base. As this is an unknown, the rest of the base was woken up, and people were sent around to find the source.

...

Nagato: What could that sound be? It's melancholic and carries what sounds like longing...right?