Chapter... something

A few days before the meeting with the Midoriya household...

A very peppy Emi was on her way towards the Musutafu Precinct shortly after work, where she would talk about a certain assignment she could help with. While she isn't by any means against it, she couldn't help but feel as though there was something strange in regards to the assignment itself. This became apparent when she received a phone call beforehand from someone within All-Might's agency, asking specifically for her expertise. Knowing that her primary quirk is making people laugh (aside from her totally hilarious puns and jokes), and the fact that no one else wanted to take the assignment spoke volumes.

The phone call itself was enough to raise a few flags.

'Ms. Joke I beg of you! Please, please, PLEASE take the case!' the distraught voice from the other side says. 'I have already gone through all other contacts from the directories and everyone else is either unwilling and/or unable to do this!' CRASH! CRACK! SMASH! 'DETECTIVE, PLEASE CONTROL YOURSELF!'

A loud sobbing noise could be heard in the background. 'Where did I go wrong!? Tell me, WHERE DID I GO WRONG!?'

Another voice comes on in the background, now that of a teen. 'Uhhhhhh, I think you need to aim a bit higher. Also, I am LOVING the new beard! Going for a rugged manly man approach, chief?'

BLAM! BLAM! CRASH! 'GET OUT OF HERE MIDORIYA!'

BOING! BOING! 'WOOHOO! WOOHOO! HOOHOO HOO! SSSSOMEBODY STOP MEEEE~!'

The first voice comes back on, sounding like he's also about to come to tears. 'Please...please tell me you'll do it...please?'

This would have been enough to just hang up now and save herself the trouble. To just walk away and save her self from the absolute insanity and outright wackiness that would befall her in the foreseeable future. But after having second thoughts, she just couldn't.

One, this was someone from ALL-MIGHT's agency, meaning that whatever it was she was going to get into was important if it caught the attention of THE #1 HERO. Two, literally no one else wanted to do it, which means that if she took it and managed to accomplish it it would bolster her hero career immensely. Finally, she would be lying if she said that she didn't have a bit of curiosity about the kid. I mean, the guy was on the local news almost every two weeks if not more often if you include the newspaper and internet.

With someone like Izuku, there was bound to be attention sooner or later. Although not sure if that's for better or for worse on that one. She figured she would find out sooner or later, and with that she arrived at the station where a slightly tipsy Naomasa gave her the run down on the assignment.

Become a tutor/babysitter of one Izuku Midoriya, make sure he stays out of trouble, report on anything suspicious that occurs with him around and to make sure he never EVER gets close to someone named Katsuki Bakugo. Pretty straightforward stuff to be honest.

Surly, this wouldn't be too bad, right?
-------------------------------------------------------

Back to present day (or where we left off last chapter, in case you need recap...idiot)

Today was a somewhat weird day for Emi so far. Nothing much really happened in the morning when she received the files from a hungover Naomasa. During her visit at the Midoriya residence there wasn't really much out of the ordinary, although the green haired kid certainly gave quite a first impression.

The fact that he was a total mama's boy was adorable. No wonder the kid was so behaved in the house.

Unfortunately his good behavior quickly left right after he set foot outside. Today was a hell of a day to not take her car. She ran after the little speedster, and quickly found him at the beach. She then recalled passing out later, then recovering from being splashed in the face, then seeing him and his friend taking care of another friend who was also found unconscious.