Chapter 10

Purge the weak... become the hunter...

"We have an intruder! Take her down before she discovers our operation!"

Show them no mercy... Relish in their pain and suffering...

A hail of bullets and more than a dozen quirks released in quick succession, ready to finish off the unknown threat. One by one they are cut down by swift, calculating and unrelenting strikes.

"WHAT THE HELL!? COME ON YOU IDIOTS, WE NEED TO TAKE HER DOWN BEFOR-"

A goon's ranting quickly becomes a gargled mess as his throat becomes no more than a gaping hole, its contents bursting out around the hard concrete floor. Not unlike the others, each one of their worthless lives are extinguished in the same manner. Either by quirk, weapon or by her own hands she makes sure that each kill was confirmed.

Bask in the chaos of carnage and slaughter of those who dare take advantage...

With each passing moment the morale of the scummy, law-breaking worms wanes, their confidence turning into shock. Their shock into fear.

Fear... into unrelenting dread.

"F-FUCK THIS, MAN! I AIN'T WILLING TO DIE FOR THIS SHIT!"

"WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!"

"BOSS WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! WE NEED TO ESCAPE BEFORE SH-"

That was as far as another goon would say his words before a large blade pierces through the door of the boss's office, as the blade also pierces through the man's heart. The boss and the other two lackeys barely had time to register what had occurred before the blade suddenly retracts back in, letting the body drop. This was followed by a massive kick that ripped the door off its hinges. The boss lunges himself out the way.

"WH-URK!"

One of the lackeys were unfortunate enough to stand in between the door and the table, as the sheer force of the impact broke his spine in two before collapsing. The other rushes in to intercept but before he can even lay a hand on her, she quickly headbutts him. The lackey is knocked back in a daze, failing to register the blade that soon relived his head from his body.

If I am to be a monster, then I shall be a monster that preys on the wicked.

The boss, now a quivering mess begins to move away from the person who dispatched many of his men with ease. A green haired woman, her clothes bathed with the blood of her enemies gaze on him with dilated, hardened eyes. Her smile, however...

"P-please! I give you anything! You want money? Power? I can give it to you!"

Her smile widens, if that's even possible.

"Anything?"

"Y-yes! Anything!", the boss says with a nervous smile.

His smile quickly fades as she raises her blade with malicious intent.

"THEN GIVE ME YOUR BEST SCREAMS!"

"NOOOOO-!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEEPBEEP! BEEPBEEP!

"ZZZZZ-*SNRK*-HUH?WHUH?"

Inko's dream quickly becomes interrupted with the blaring sound of the alarm clock. As she tries to get her bearings she looks at her clock, showing that it was already 6:30 in the morning.