Chapter 7

If there is one thing that a student would never comprehend in regards to education (nor would they question it) would be the point of exams. Exams all in all are just a series of questions that they would have to answer in order to be qualified to be released into the wilderness known as the real world. It is a detestable thing that strikes fear into many scholars and trainees alike. One doesn't necessarily need to remember the subject matter afterwards after all is said and done, if it even sticks at all.

Needless to say, it makes even less sense for schools to make exams specifically to ENTER into school. Why would someone make an exam to allow people to learn if they are trying to get them to learn in the first place!? IT IS INCONCEVABLE!

...At least, for someone like Izuku that is. Although that's not really the main issue right now.

Ohhh no, the pain of exams is nothing more than a slight little tickle compared to the amount of disappointment radiating off of him right now from not going to the business course.

Now then, the reader at this point is asking: why not just talk to the school? Maybe the principal made a slight mistake in regards to the placing of potential students where they desire to enroll in. Maybe he will be able to overlook this little slip up and switch him over before the exams.

Unfortunately when confronted about the situation the principal only gave a slight shrug and said that there wasn't much he or anyone else could do about it since it would mean that they would have to move a few students around to another course, which could cause problems since it would present a bit of favoritism.

...Which Izuku knew immediately it was complete [BOOPITIBOPPITY!], but there wasn't much he could do about it now. From there he would just spend his days just sulking around in his room, not wanting to do anything until the exams came. It wasn't that he didn't want to do them, but the fact of the matter is that he is basically going for something he never really wanted in the first place. If he bombs the hero exams, best chance he can get would be to get a good enough score to get into general studies. From there, he could ask for a transfer to the business course. Now that would be a good plan.

Well it was if he was the only one that knew about this.

SLAM!

"Alright Izuku, time to get out of bed! You got to train if you want to get into the hero course!"

"Hurry Izuku, get up! I just finished several of my babies today and I'm going to need your expert hero advice before the exams!"

"Who the hell said that I was going to be in the hero course!?", yelled Izuku as he got out of bed, "That damn rat got me into the hero course exams ON PURPOSE! Now why would I oh so bother to even try for something that I don't want!?"

Mirio is quick to answer that, "Because if you don't your mother will kill you"

"...okay, any other reason besides that?"

"How about the satisfaction of hard work and the eternal graditude you get from saving people as well as the admiration for the younger generation?"

"While I will admit I would enjoy that, I enjoy being able to get paid as well."

"Wow, greedy much?"

"Hey I wanted to get into the business course for a reason okay?"

"Alright fine!"

"Oh!Oh!Oh! Pick me! Pick me!"

Izuku turned to Mei, her hand raised as if for calling for the teacher. Might as well play along

"Alright then, Mei. What do you got for me?"

"How about using this as advertising material?"

"...Go on..."