Atrocity

Geno's mind was a mess memories mashed together and scattered nothing made sense. He has to save someone, he's supposed to be with someone. Who was he?

A friend? No, his lover? No, his brother? Yes, that was it. But it didn't make sense! there has to be someone else. He was gliching badly, he has to get away, nothing made sense, without hesitation he open a portal and left.

Despair watched him go and tried to understand. Why did Geno left him? Did he not know he was here? he kept asking for his brothers and then stop and start talking about finding someone it was confusing and left him thinking. Do he followed him?

Geno was his only friend, he spend years with him. His negativity was save. He asked for his name, hee talked to him, treated him like a friend, he was nice. Maybe follow him around won't be so bad.

Despair didn't like this, not one bit. He knew that Geno had lost the little sanity he had left, but what he was doing right now will just break him more. Stealing the codes from the Papyrus to recreate his brother would end badly, even he knew it.

What was gone can't be recovered only replaced.

He decided to put a end to this.

Geno was getting frustrated, he couldn't find him. He looked everywhere, but couldn't find the person he was looking for. He decided to take a break maybe if he had his brother he could think more clearly, but he's brother was dead. He will just have to think something up.

He was getting angry not a single attempt work. Why won't it work? He destroyed it, AGAIN. He was gliching madly, he was breaking down everything was ruined, he was losing control until he felt something.

Geno looked down and saw a black slime climbing his hand  and was amazed. He is what he's been looking for, he recognized his aura. He looked at the slime and murmured a quiet Despair and in return he received with the same horrifying voice a quiet Yes. Geno glitch a little at the voice it carried a wave of negativity. He didn't remember that happening the first time Despair talked, but he didn't have him in his arms that time. His thoughts were interrupted by a tendril slowly moving to his forehead, he let him do it, he knew Despair wouldn't hurt him.

Despair noticed the glitch. He didn't known his voice had a negative effect on souls, he couldn't talk to him if he glitch at every word he spoke. He came up with a idea, Fresh could possess anyone he desire, maybe he could too. He had only possessed AUs never a monster, but the AUs were fine when he left so maybe Geno would be fine too.

Geno felt PAIN the moment Despair fused with him, then nothing. He was floating in eternal darkness just like The Void, he would have panic but for some reason he felt save, like it wouldn't harm him. He relaxed and close his eyes. When he opened them again he was somewere else a big tree in front of him with a small skeleton wearing purple clothing and a crown. He watched him get bullied, the apple accident, how he destroyed his own AU, he watched his whole life.

Geno wasn't happy when he saw Error he tried to separate him from Nightmare? He believed that was his name. But before he could a smooth and yet sad voice stopped him. He wants to refuse, but didn't something about the voice sound familiar. He learned about the balance and Error's roll in it, he didn't know how to feel. Error destroyed his AU, But was he any better? there was a time that he wanted to destroy his AU himself.

The memories became darker a war, a execution, a broken bond and a grieving mother, eons of solitude and misery until finally a memory he recognized, their first meeting the rest fast-forward.

Geno opened his eyes and saw around, he was in a black space completely empty, he knew this wasn't The Void, Despair's memories confirms it.