Chapter 3

SECRET HAVEN

CHAPTER 3

SORIN

_______________________________________

I HAVE NO idea why my father insisted on me, driving home her secretary – her young secretary to be exact. He said she's very competent, resourceful and reliable but I can't see any of that.

 She's too clumsy for me.

Well, at least for now.

Pagdating namin sa parking lot, nalaman ko ang dahilan kung bakit pinapadala sa akin ni Dad ang sasakyan niya pauwi. He knows I hate driving and he made an excuse even before letting me know his real intention.

"Yow, Sean!" Uncle Clyde waved at me and beside him was Uncle Dwight who's grinning.

Nagbatian lang kami saglit at kinuha ko na ang susi kay Dad. I want to sleep early and go back to Hacienda Cervantes tomorrow. Mas marami akong magagawa roon kaysa rito sa Maynila.

"Hey," untag ko sa sekretarya ni Dad. She's still standing near where we my father is. Does she have something for my father? 

I stare at my Dad and his friends. Naroon na rin kasi si Uncle Drae na hindi na bumaba ng sasakyan. Ano, parking lot na ba ang meeting place nila? 

They're all in their fifties and yet, hindi halata. In fact, I find women ogling at my Dad sometimes. But knowing Irving James III, he only has his eyes for Cheska Fayelin Kho.

Kaya ngayon, hindi na ako magtataka kung may crush man itong Ellie na ito kay Dad.

Kung makatitig...

The audacity! 

I sighed. Mukhang hindi niya ako narinig and instead of repeating myself, I just went to her — in front of her, to be exact to distract her from staring at my father.

She looked up at me, making my brows creased. She somehow reminds me of someone with those plump lips and her eyes. But there's no way she's that girl. This one's too plain. Too vanilla. 

I cocked my head to the direction of my father's car and started walking to that direction. Nakuha naman niya ang ibig kong iparating dahil ramdam ko na agad ang mga hakbang niya sa aking likuran na tila nagmamadali. I grinned and stop abruptly at tama nga ako, bumunggo nga siya sa aking likuran. 

"Ouch!" I heard after a loud 'thud' sound, making me turn to her.