Chapter 2: Azur Lane

"Ughh…. Warspite, isn't it? Sorry for the rough start…" Gleipnir apologizes for his actions and words as Warspite tries to carry him.

"Keep it for later, for now, we have to get you to the infirmary quickly! And if you dare do anything suspicious, I won't hesitate!" She says to the stricken Airborne Fortress.

"Why would I…? I am indebted to you and this Azur Lane now…" He mutters out weakly.

'Maybe I should trust him a bit more… Very well…' She thought to herself.

This man in his current state is as harmless as a fly, and his life rests on her whim. There was no choice for him, so he places hope in her.

"Can you walk?" She questions him.

Naturally, he answers yes, due to his pride as the Pride of Leasath, but due to his injuries, he immediately stumbled and fell on his knees.

"I don't think you can walk…" Warspite says, worrying about the well-being of the man.

"Fine… I require a bit of assistance here…" He swallows his pride, and lets her help him stand up.

She then tries to lift him up and act as support, but...

'B-bloody hell! He's heavy!' She thought to herself, being weighed down by the male's weight. The size difference is very obvious.

Nonetheless, the two made their way back to the ship, where he was laid down in the command room.

"Ugh… Warspite, what would happen to my ship…?" He questions her.

'So it's true? He is a male kansen? But how?!' She wonders how a male kansen found his way here.

"Warspite! *cough* Damn it!" The damage from Standoff in the Skies starts to take its toll on his body as he coughs out blood.

"H-huh? Oh! Your ship… I don't know… it's too big to be towed back to base, and I'm afraid it might fall apart if we tried…" She apologetically says to him.

The Airborne Fortress had to be left behind.

"I see…" He says. He had run out of any remaining energy to unsummon his ship, much less try to manifest his raven wings.

"Now, off we go! Full speed ahead, towards Azur Lane!" She exclaims as the ship starts to move by itself, as if an unknown power propelled it to go forward.

He is utterly confused, but is too tired to think about it anymore.

With a sigh, he closes his eyes, embracing the darkness he had once encountered.

Warspite didn't notice him falling unconscious, and asks him.

"Gleipnir, how did you get here?" Her question fell to nothing.

Realizing that there was no response, she immediately panicked and rushed to his side to check for a pulse.

There it is, although very weak and dwindling with every second passing.

With this, she reestablishes radio contact with the Azur Lane base, where Wales is waiting for any reports from her.

"This is Warspite, Wales!" She says over the radio with a panicked tone.

"Yes, Warspite?" Hearing her friend's tone, she quickly reacts.

"Reporting! The Signal sender is a male kansen!" Over the radio, she brings the huge news.

"What?! You're saying that the giant aircraft you told me is a kansen?!" Wales was shocked. An aircraft as a kansen, add to that, a male.

Simply mind-boggling.