Chapter 7: Memoirs of the War

Following the girls, I've come unto… a playground?

What?

"Excuse me, but… we're in a playground?" I asked them.

What are these girls thinking???

"Yeah! Don't worry, we won't be too long!" Javelin told me.

Won't be long, alright.

"Hey, Gleipnir, how did you manage to fight Grey Ghost and didn't lose?" She lit up, asking me something.

Grey Ghost? Huh, I don't recall fighting a ghost, though. The only ghosts I know were the Ghosts of Razgriz, not Grey Ghost!

"Sorry, but who's this Grey Ghost?" Asking won't hurt, yes?

"It's Enterprise!" She paused.

Oh, I see now.

"She's the best fighter of the Azur Lane fleet, and I want to be like her, strong, and always protecting others!" She continued.

Enterprise must have been a great person. I think she deserves my respect.

"I see, I see. Well, I just fought her, I guess?" That's all I know, really.

"And how did you make that big explosion!?" She inquired again, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

"It's… it's just my weaponries." Hm, she's one interesting girl…

Turning my head towards Unicorn, I asked her, "So, Unicorn, they're your friends, right?"

She nodded in response, not saying a word.

"I see."

"Ah, Laffey, you know him, right?" Javelin spoke to her sleepy friend who was sleeping contentedly on a bench.

"Mmm? Yes…" The one in question replied.

Why is she always tired? I don't know… I'll ask. "Hey, Javelin, why is she… like that?"

"I don't know. But she's still our friend nonetheless!"

Huh, okay…

"I see, I see." I nodded my head, before turning my attention towards Unicorn.

"So, Unicorn, they're your friends, yes?" I asked her the same question again, just to confirm.

I'm being repetitive...

"Yes!" She talked up.

However, before I can put up a single sentence, Javelin cut me off, "We actually have another friend too, but…" She paused, unable to form another word, her cheerful face contorting into a frown.

Hmmm…

"But what, Javelin?" I called, breaking her off her possible-trance.

"But… She's currently our enemy. She's part of the Sakura Empire under the Crimson Axis, our enemy, the Azur Lane's enemy…" She finally continued.

I see…

These poor kids… separated by a war of factions. I wonder, what happened to all the children over at Aurelia? I only remember—

They even fought for their country. At such young age, they've put their lives on the line to fight against the oppressors—

Against me.

Haah… why is it that only death, fear, and wars follow my trail?

I don't know…

But the war, wasn't the war based on retribution for the Aurelians because they conspired the Civil War?