Chapter 4: Out of the Fire

"Well then. Wales, I and Warspite shall return to the Queen. She must've been waiting for us." Hood says, ending the questionnaire.

"Understood, you can count on me to take care of our guest here. Go, report to the Queen." Wales replies, giving her the green light to go.

"Yes. Warspite, come along, it's time to report back to our Queen." Hood tells Warspite to go with her.

"But I haven't asked anything about him yet!" Warspite interjects, disappointed she couldn't ask anything about me.

Well, I would answer her questions, but a commander's order is top priority. 

Everyone here is very curious about me, huh…? Oh well…

"Don't worry, Warspite, I can answer your questions at a later date. Your Queen is waiting, and I am in no position to hold her back from meeting her subjects." I told her, reassuring her I will satisfy her curiosity.

Hearing this, Warspite nods in affirmation. Hood curtsied in respect, and taps her smaller friend's shoulder. 

Then, the two made their way towards where I presume their Queen is. 

Must be one benevolent Queen, for her subjects to act like that. 

Ugh, I don't want to remember any of that now…

With that, Wales and I, or more accurately, Wales herself pushed the wheelchair. 

We made our way towards the docks. I'm actually not sure if it would fit my plane.

I mean, once, I had a hangar on Terminus Island. It was fairly huge, but it only left a few meters of clearance from my wings and the wall. In other words, it was cramped.

But what else do you want? Exposing the superweapon to the cold weather? Are you stupid? That would pose a threat to the overall running condition. 

It was a barren, frozen land. Nothing was there, except a few captured oil fields. At first, it does bother me, though only a little, such as frozen SWBM ports, caused by the moisture buildup on it, then freezing, sealing shut. 

It was lonely, but frankly, I… don't mind. 

All the peace and quiet, except the occasional cold breeze was there for me. No humans, no nothing. I was free from the hateful eyes of those Aurelians there. Hah, I used to not care about it, but now, I feel something about it.

These feelings… what a drag…

What the hell am I thinking? I should be focusing on the docks, how the hell did I somehow think about Terminus? 

Stop it, you're merely a weapon.

Back to the matter at hand.

"Wales, are you TRULY sure it will fit?" I asked her again. It won't hurt to just confirm, right?

"Don't you worry, I am sure it will fit. You have my word." She replied.

Alright, whatever she says…

We continued our journey to the docks. There was nothing along the way, except the gentle breeze blowing onto my face. 

This feeling… Ah… I've felt it countless times, yet, it still felt new. Then again, it's my first time feeling this as a human. 

Along the way, I saw a room full of girls. I presume they're other shipgirls, like everyone else.

Hm, seems to be a place to socialize, and eat, perhaps?

"Gleipnir? What are you looking at? Oh? The cafeteria?" Wales noticed me staring at the room.

Am I really THAT easy to read? Haah….