08

"come on! he likes you!" sara smirked, running behind anushree who looked annoyed. the students were out for their games period. 

"shut up please. let's play instead." anushree scoffed.  

"okay, let's get the basketball." said anshika ,pulling sara and anushree with her to the games room. 

"mam can we have the basketball?" anshika asked, sticking her head inside the games room. 

"boys took it beta." the games teacher answered,"you can have the football."

"we can't play dodgeball with football mam." anshika explained. 

"I'm sorry I can't do anything then." the teacher apologised causing the girls to groan in annoyance. 

the girls half heartedly returned back to the ground pitch. 

"got the ball?" samaira, the so called topped asked. 

"no." anushree huffed. 

other girls sighed but later on walked around the pitch, chatting with their friends. 

"let's go to that tree." sara said, pointing at the tall, guava tree at the end of the pitch. 

the girls nodded and started making their way towards the tree when a ball came jumping up and down and fell straight on anushree's head. 

"ouch!" anushree yelled, causing her friends to look worriedly at her. 

"what happened?" sara shrieked when her eyes fell on the ball. 

"are you okay?" anshika asked. 

"oh my god, we are so sorry." karan said, running up to the girls. 

"it's all aryan's fault." one of the boys, harsh said, pointing towards aryan who was now running towards them. 

"I'm sorry anushree, I didn't know that it'll hit you." aryan apologized, slightly panting for air. 

"it's okay." anushree shrugged, still rubbing the spot the ball had hit her. 

sighing, the girls turned around and continued their way to the tree. 

after the bell rang and the period came to an end, everybody scampered inside the school building. 

anushree sat on her bench when aryan approached her. 

"I'm sorry again." he apologised, smiling awkwardly. 

"it's really fine." anushree smiled while sara and anshika smirked at each other.  

"well, would you like to play badminton today?" aryan asked out of nowhere. 

"sure." anushree smiled causing aryan to grin from ear to ear. 

​​​​​​​"great." aryan said, retreating to his bench.
​​​​​​

​​​​