09

"so are you coming to the party?" sara asked as the girls made their way out of their class. the school was over and now the children were making their way out. 

​​​​​"ashutosh's bday party? how can i miss that? we've been great friends since we were what four, and moreover he's my neighbour, of course I'm coming." anushree rambled. 

"great." sara grinned before parting ways with anushree at the main gate of the school. 

humming a song to herself, anushree made her way to her home which was just a few metres away from the school. 

"anushree!" came an all too familiar voice causing anushree to turn around. aryan waved at her, cycling up to her.

"hi." anushree said, spinning on her heels to continue her journey. 

"are you coming to ashutosh's party?" aryan questioned, getting off his cycle so that he can follow anushree's pace. 

"hmm.you?" anushree asked. 

"oh me too!" aryan smiled. after that there was a comfortable silence around which anushree was very thankful to. 

"so I'll see you." aryan said before anushree parted ways with him. 

later that evening, anushree pulled out a magenta sweater and matched it with black jeans and black shoes. she tied her hair in a pony tail and applied some cold cream. she picked up the gift which she had bought

earlier in the afternoon . it was a badminton racket. as soon as the clock struck seven, anushree bade her mom and brother a goodbye before walking upto ashutosh's house which was blasting with music. 

anushree rang the doorbell and seconds later the door opened to reveal ashutosh dressed up in a white t shirt and black trousers. 

"anushree!" ashutosh grinned, moving aside to let her in. 

"happy birthday." anushree smiled, handing him his gift. she walked inside to find aryan, karan and sara seated on the sofa. there were two more boys whom anushree had only seen with ashutosh. 

"hi!" sara grinned, gesturing anushree to come over to her. on hearing the 'hi', the boys lifted their heads up from the mobile phone and glanced at the new visitor. anushree smiled slightly at karan and aryan before making herself comfortable besides sara. 

"what are you even wearing?" sara whispered yelled. 

"what do you mean?" anushree frowned, looking at her outfit. 

"you should have wore something like me." sara said, spreading her arms out for anushree to have a better look. 

"this golden dress?" anushree asked,"no way! And besides, I'm not here to impress anyone."

"oh sure." sara smirked,"he's already impressed."

"who?"

"aryan!"

on the mention of his name, anushree glanced at aryan who smiled at her. 

"don't you think he's smiling too much." sara laughed causing anushree to shot her a 'shut up' look. 

soon the party started when everyone had arrived. anshika smirked at anushree whenever she caught aryan looking at her. 

"ok next song?" ashutosh asked, panting a little. 

"up to you." sara shrugged, plopping down on the couch. 

"someone make a video come on." karyan exclaimed, handing aryan his phone,"aryan it's your job."

"what, why?" aryan complained but literally everyone ignored him. 

"okay, this is for anushree." ashutosh smirked, clicking a song on his mobile phone.
it was no control. 

"you just didn't! Oh my god." anushree literally yelled causing others to laugh at her reaction. 

everybody started dancing, not really understanding the words while anushree sang the song on the top of her lungs. out of the corner of her eye, anushree saw aryan taking a video of mainly her causing her raise her eyebrows.

 aryan being embarrassed, turned the camera other way. anushree chuckled lightly while shaking her head. 

​​​​​​​he's an idiot, she mentally laughed. 
​​​
​​​