14

Tw: gore ( I didn't find it to extreme but it mentions her cleaning her wound herself in an unconventional way), injections.

Kota and Sean were the only one's not on missions tonight. It was strange, they hadn't had a group mission in a while so they knew they would soon. Its how it worked. They would finally get used to a calm schedule and then be bombarded with work.

They sat watching a true crime show on this random channel they had put on. Both doing their own things, talking at small intervals.

Kota jumped at the loud blare of Sean's phone ringing, was that one of his brothers? Were they in trouble?

Throughout the call, he watched Sean's face change from excited to worried in a matter on minutes. He looked at Dakota for a second, seeing the worry in his face and assured him,
"the guys are fine, a friend's coming over they need help with something"
"what friend? Is he okay?"
"she, yeah she's okay"

She?

They sat in a nervous silence, Sean had his small medical bag beside him. Kota noticed the man's scratch his arm repeatedly, similar to his own counting, this was a small distraction he'd do.

Just as he'd gone to tell him to stop, there was a loud knock at the door and Sean sped towards it. Kota watched from his crouched position on the sofa as Sean ushered a girl into the house. Through the patterned glass, he could see his brother look at her quickly before saying something and rushing her.

"Sean, honestly I'm fine it's not that big of a deal I just need to borrow some medical supplies."
"no"
"sean"
"no, you're hurt and being stupid."
She scoffed at him,
"oh, I'm being stupid? I don't know you Sean! I just need to borrow some supplies to deal with this and I'll go"
"c'mon flower, I'm a doctor y'know"
Their loud argument flittered through the room as they emerged from the hallway.

Dark grey veins protruded from the woman's shoulder, spreading outwards from the slash on her  shoulders, crawling in thin ribbons towards her neck. The wound looked painful, seeping thinned blood and sticking to her shirt. A few scratches marked her skin, a dark bruise in the rough shape of a hand curled round her forearm.

He jumped up from his seat in alarm, this didn't seem as little as Sean had made it out to be. The other man seemed to be panicking too, trying to convince her to let him deal with it.

She shook her head again insistent she would be fine,
"honestly, can you grab some vodka, a knife, bandages and hydrogen peroxide, please."

Whilst his brother was gathering his medical supplies, he decided he should introduce himself.

2... 4... 6... 8... 10...

"I'm dakota."
"oh, hi. I'm Violet. Yeah, it's not what I would choose either"
"I mean, no weirder than dakota, huh?"
The woman- Violet - laughed and shook her head.
"yeah, I guess so"
The pair shared a smile.
"call me kota"

He noticed how unbothered she seemed by the gash across her shoulder. It was concerning. She had to have felt it.

Sean then rushed in, kneeling before her with his bag as she snatched up the small bottle of vodka. Before he could stop her, she uncapped it and took a swig before pouring some onto her open wound.

Sean gasped and made an attempt to stop her whilst kota sat in shock.

2.. 4.. 6.. 8.. 10.. 12.. 14.. 16.. 18..

She seemed numb to the pain as she grabbed the knife and cut into her shirt, around the wound. She was mostly clothed except from the material she had cut away from her wound. Taking one of the pieces of cotton from his brothers bag, she dabbed it into the hydrogen peroxide before dabbing around the pieces of cloth stuck to her wound. Easing the fabric away from the bloody cut until she was left with her cut.

Rattling through his medical bag, Sean bought out a small glass vial.
"here, it's an anti venom? It's poison, right?"
"yeah. There's poison. This should work. Thanks"
He watched in mild fascination as she injected a small amount of the anti venom into a vein below the cut.
She then began to wrap the bandages Sean handed her around her shoulder and underneath her arm. Violet took another sip of vodka before grinning at the pair in front of her. Both wore concerned expressions, Sean's more panicked.

She opened her arms and wrapped them around Sean's head, putting her face into his hair.
She hummed slightly,
"what shampoo do you use, its so fluffy"

She shook herself before letting her arms fall from his shoulders and standing up, only slightly wavering. Sean stood up from his place on the floor as well, steadying her slightly.

"sorry about earlier, tulip, didn't mean to be snappy"
"it's fine, sunny. What happened?"
"I had a little run in with someone, that's all"
"I met your brother"

Kota waved at the look Sean shot him, he had a feeling he wasn't meant to meet her just yet.
"kota, thanks for earlier. yeah?"

"Anyways, I've gotta go Sean, kota. Bye"
"bye V, stay safe"

She nodded her head to them both. Kissing Sean's cheek and blowing kota  a kiss before leaving.

"dude. What the fuck"
He exclaimed suddenly.

"nothing, honestly, she's a friend I met a while ago. I have no clue either."