19

She sagged in the front seat of the car, staring absentmindedly out of the window

She sagged in the front seat of the car, staring absentmindedly out of the window. Her eyes watery from the few hits she took, the sting from her nose ever prominent.

Brandon sat next to her speeding along the near empty roads, North in the back texting rapidly through his phone.

The gashes which littered her body stung without treatment. Violet watched on in mild confusion, where are they going?

Chloe had insisted she was fine, only shaken up by the whole ordeal, so they had left her to find her boyfriend. The trio already felt far too tired to argue. 

Both men had fussed over her, which was annoying in its own right, add sleep deprivation and the effort of dealing with the men, she was done. No more social interaction. Not today.

It was weird. She set herself unconscious limits, too many people and she was done, wanting to crawl into her silent home.

North was bickering into the phone, now at his ear and she noticed how both men would glance at her periodically. She also noticed that they weren't taking her home.

Everything was building up, the girl wasn't sure if she could really deal with it right now. She never wanted to go on a mission with the men in the first place and the weird sense of attachment proved her right. She could feel attached anymore, it wasn't a luxury she felt she had. Nor was it safe for anyone. Considering, neither man listened to her instructions, leaving as she ordered, her frustration had long since passed a level manageable for her.

Withdrawn from the world as she somehow argued with herself mentally, she missed the worried look Brandon sent her as he turned onto a street.

Whereas her house was secluded and fairly modest, the building in front of her was overly large and was mirrored by the others on its road. A surplus of vehicles sat on its drive, making her wonder just how many people lived there.

Compared to the other houses, this one looked full of life, trimmed lawns and neat beds of flowers fenced the area off. A darker paint had been used outside, contrasting the light gray most of the others had adopted instead serving dark, almost black walls.

She looked ahead groggily, the pain just now fully setting in. It wasn't that she'd really gotten hurt but after not sleeping properly for four days, and the over exertion that she didn't plan for, the pain seemed amplified. Worse than usual. Every shift felt oddly painful even though it shouldn't have been.

Before she could really focus, Brandon was by her window, peering in and gesturing for her to undo her seat belt. Violet waved him off with a hand and quickly unclipped herself, opening the door and rolling her eyes at the man's 'chivalry'.

North steadied her as she swayed, crinkling her brows in confusion. Sure, she'd taken a few minor wounds, mostly from small handheld weapons, but it still couldn't explain the dizziness that lurked beneath the surface, grabbing ahold of her every few seconds.

Only half-aware of what was going on, she slowly begun her journey up towards the house.

North stood behind her at the door, leaning over to unlock and open the door, flicking a switch to the side of the entrance. Revealing a grand interior, sleek flooring, dark walls and bright lights. A bit much for her taste but gorgeous nonetheless.

The woman had looked at both men for reassurance and she hesitated, she felt so weak. Unbearably so. The thought of relying on them again felt wrong, despite the unspoken bond they may have formed. Was it even safe? Surely, Phil knew them, personally. And they were academy they wanted good. Ok, she'd stay till morning and leave once she'd rested. Probably best considering she had no means of getting home unless she stole one of the cars on the drive.

Violet stepped in achingly slow, the floor clicking against her heels. Both men behind her, tiredly following into their home.

North had gestured for her yo sit in his living room whilst they had a talk in the kitchen. Probably going over the mission.

Despite her not being fully aware, she felt herself pause and stiffen when she heard chatter from the room as she stood in clear view to the occupants, in the doorway.

Peering upwards from her shoes, she saw a group of men, lounging on a sofa a few feet away. The talk had quietened as they noticed the woman.

Shocking them all as her eyes met with someone she didn't think she'd see, here of all places. "Corey?" she said, confused.

At the same time four voices were heard, "V?"

"sunflower?"

"sugar?"

"trouble?"

Four stunned voices echoed together.