12. home...maybe?

a/n:

chapter photo from Pinterest.com

I am so shocked and grateful for all the reads this has!! I love and appreciate everyone who loves this story, you inspire me to continue this!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"How are you feeling, Miss Y/L/N?" The nurse asks you as she is adjusting your I.V. and taking your stats. It has been two long months since the team has found you from your captor, Gary Conway. You've spent the last 60 days in the hospital, your team coming and visiting when they can. Something has been irking you though. The last time you have seen Spencer was the helicopter ride that brought you here in the first place. Every time someone entered the door you hoped it would be him, but it never was. In the past week, you've accepted the fact that he isn't coming. And you didn't know what changed.

"I'm feeling good. I'm glad I'm getting discharged today." You smile, glad it doesn't hurt anymore to do so.

"You've come a long way." The nurse smiles back. "The doctor will be in here in just a few minutes to bring your discharge paperwork. Is your ride here yet?"

"They'll be here in a few minutes, according to her text." You laugh. Garcia has been talking about bringing you home from so long now, you and her are both happy the day is finally here.

The nurses pats your shoulder lightly and leaves, quickly dodging someone who is entering the room. You look up and see Penelope and Derek.

"Hey, how are you feeling Y/N?" Derek asks.

"Just dandy." You laugh. "I'm excited to go home." You look up at Garcia while saying this. The last two months you've been going over the what-ifs. You spent a lot of time wondering what your life would look like if you never got kidnapped, and how happy you would be if you were living with Garcia and spending all your time doing what you love: profiling. Yet, here you sit on a hospital bed, wondering if you will ever be the same. You are bitterly aware of what is to come, and scared of the fact that you can relate to victims now.

"Hey, miss Y/L/N! How are you?" The doctor enters the room, trying to be as an enthusiastic as possible. His white coats sways back as he walks towards you. Penelope and Derek look over at him- they seem to hang off of every word the doctor has to say.

"I'm kicking, ready to go home, doc." You say truthfully.

"I just need to go over some things, and then we can sign you out!" He claps, dragging over the small stool for him to sit down next to you. He holds onto a clipboard which has your information on it.

About 15 minutes pass, all spent going over every doctor you'll need to see and all the medications you have to take. Thankfully, it is all written down. Not all of us are gifted with eidetic memory like some people, you say in your head.

"Your first therapy appointment starts next week, Y/N. I expect you to make great changes after working with her." He smiles, tapping his pen lightly on his clipboard.

You look down shamefully, embarrassed by the fact that you have to attend therapy. Garcia notices your discomfort, and makes her way over to the side of your bed, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder. Derek stays in his spot, quietly debating whether or not it would overwhelm you to go to your other side and comfort you as well. He decides to stay put.

"But other than that, it looks like you are free to go." The doctor finally finishes, and stands up from his stool. "It's been a pleasure, I'm glad you made a miraculous recovery, Y/N." He nods and swiftly leaves the room, leaving behind you, Derek, and Penelope.