1. before, part 1

a/n

chapter photo found on pinterest

welcome to my story hate that i love you still!

tags/warnings will be added on the chapter it occurs

a spencer reid x reader story

I personally have not watched past season 10 yet, so if I do not add characters that appear in later seasons it's because I don't know them well enough to write about them! also, I would appreciate no spoilers past season 9!

thank you <3

tw: dementia, loss of parental role, trauma 

updated a/n: some people noticed and commented about how Spencer was 12 in high school. When I originally started writing this fic, I had completely forgotten about that. So Spencer is 18 in this time-skip, and pretend he just never skipped ahead in school. There'll be another note about this in the next chapter, but I wanted to clear the air first here <3

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Las Vegas, Nevada, 7 years ago

"Spencer!" You giggled as he attacked you with tickles. A wide grin spread across your face as he tickled you mercilessly. "Spencer, please!" You pleaded as tears began to form in your eyes from laughter. Eventually, he began to slow his attack and finally grabbed your giggling body to pull you into a rough kiss. Before he pulled away, he whispered into your mouth a small I love you. You both smile against each others lips, and you finally say, "I love you too." You finally both settle on his bed. He lays on his side staring and admiring you, as you sit forward and stare off into space.

"Are you ready to graduate tomorrow?" You ask after a beat. 

"Did you know the tradition of tossing graduation caps in the air originated during a Naval Academy ceremony in 1912?" Spencer rambles.

"Spencer..."

"Yes, I'm ready to graduate. But only because you will be by my side, love." He finally responds. You smile and lay on your side to face him. You look around his room, and see everything he has displayed in his room. Books, science models, and so much more scatter his room. You turn your attention back to him, and see him staring at you. "What?" You ask innocently. Spencer simply smiles back, pulls you into a hug, and whispers, "You are so beautiful..."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

next morning

Waking up in your own bed, you excitedly jump out. You pull out your phone, and see that Spencer has texted you at 5:00 am.

Spence: Hey. My mom isn't doing good...I don't know if she'll be able to come to our graduation tonight.

Your heart sinks at the text. It is already 10:00am, five hours later. You instantly feel bad that it has taken you so long to respond. Alongside this, Spencer has been battling with his moms sickness for a while now, and has been debating for a while what to do with her. He is only 18, and can't support her all by himself.

Me: Spencer...I am so sorry. What are you going to do?

 You set your phone down, and begin to get ready for graduation later. As you shower, eat, apply makeup, and get dressed, you noticed your phone buzzed here and there, but you focus was completely on getting ready. You think about Spencer here and there while getting ready, but it leaves your mind to even check your phone. You continue your day in blissful ignorance, until 3 hours later there's a loud knock on your door.