13. surprise!

a/n:

thank you so much to all those who have been voting and commenting on this! I love reading your comments and seeing you guys boost this story! thank you thank you thank you

I felt bad for not uploading for a while so here's two chapters in one day :)

tw: mentions of drunk parental figure, trauma, pills

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Attention passengers, we have arrived in Las Vegas, Nevada. Please remain seated with your seatbelts fastened until the seatbelt sign is switched off. Welcome to Las Vegas." The pilot announces to the whole plane, waking you up from your light sleep. Pushing yourself to sit up more, you look out the window and see the Las Vegas strip beneath the plane. Growing up, you never saw the appeal about the strip-it was just full of annoying tourists and people who never knew how to drive. In high school, your school took you on a few field trips to the strip but you never really enjoyed them. You definitely kept your distance from it. But seeing it now, a wave of nostalgia washes over you. You're home.

Jerking a bit, the tires of the plane finally touches the ground after about 4 and a half hours. You feel like you can finally breathe again, and you let go of the hard grip on the armrests on either side of you. You really hope your fear of flying eases a bit, especially since flying is a big aspect of your job now.

After the plane taxies around a bit and finally parks at the gate, you pull your phone out and turn off airplane mode. Since you aren't technically clear to drive, you have to text your mom to let her know you landed and need a ride.

Hey mom. I landed, will you pick me up?

-y/n

Of course! On my way now. xoxo

-Mom

Setting your phone down, you watch as every passenger makes their way off the plane. After 30 minutes of this, the flight attendants come up and help you off the plane.

"Thank you." You say as you are wheeling yourself off the plane. They smile sympathetically at you, and you resist the urge to yell at them. You really, really hate that.

Finding your bag, you push yourself outside and wait on the sidewalk for your mom to show up. Your leg bounces nervously for her arrival, regret flowing through your veins. You think about how coming here might of been a mistake, but she needs to know what happened to you.

And other things.

A few more minutes pass and you spot a familiar vehicle pulling up. You watch as your mother frantically jumps out of the car and rushes towards you.

"Y/N! What the hell happened to you?" You can see tears forming in her eyes.

"I'll explain in the car, okay?" She shakes her head in understanding and helps you up in the car. Putting the wheelchair in the back, your mom comes around and sits in the driver side of the car.

"Can you still walk at least?" She says. You can hear the sadness leaking through her words.

"Yes. It just hurts, so that's why I have the wheelchair. I'm ordered to stay in it for two weeks." You reply.