14. making amends

a/n:

chapter photo from Pinterest.com

tw: mentions of drunk parental figure, mentions of drinking/coping with trauma in a unhealthy way

ignore me constantly changing visuals but this is how I imagine Spencer now (basically just later seasons Reid, but feel free to visualize whichever season spencie you want)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Mom, you know how much I hate the strip. Why would you take me?" You groan. Apparantely after you went to bed, your parents had serious discussion about 'making up for lost time'. Which, in turn, made you very angry. According to your mother, your father carries a ton of guilt for not being there when you were growing up, and wants to do all these things with you to make up for it. You expressed your distain many times to them, but your shots back are useless to your mother and her determination to make it happen. Spencer was invited to come as well, which you admit would make it slightly more bearable if he was acting like he did this morning when he was helping you take your morning pills. But instead, he said he had to go see his mother. You were moments away from asking if you could just come with- you did miss Diana a lot. You haven't seen her in a while.

"When you were a kid there were countless times I wanted to take you! Now we have our chance." You roll your eyes at your mom. "Plus it's something your father mentioned he wanted to do with you." Your mom says, clapping her hands in excitement.

"He can leave it up to his imagination." You pout, and you hear your phone start ringing. Digging for it in your bag, you pull it out and see Emily is calling.

"Hey Em, how's the case going?" You say into the receiver.

"The case is going great, we have a ton of new leads and new suspects. But I'm not calling about the case, I'm calling about you. How are you doing?" She says back.

"I'm...okay. I've been bombarded with a ton of new stuff and it's a bit overwhelming, but it's nice to be back home again." You pick at the fake plant on the couch-side table to your right as you say this. Your mom disappeared to the kitchen, and your father is nowhere to be found at the moment.

"Have you seen-"

"No." You interrupt. 

"O-kay." She says, not believing you.

"My parents are insisting we do stuff together." You overshare after a beat passes.

"Oh, is that a good thing or a bad thing, Y/N?" She asks.

A moment goes by, almost indicating to Emily the answer. "A bad thing." You huff.

"Hmm. Can I just say something?" Emily questions.