Chapter 19 - Turn Back

Third Person POV

"I need to get some things prepared so you guys watch him and come find me if something happens again, I'm taking him to recovery girl tomorrow morning."

With that being said, Aizawa left the five of them to remain together in that tense atmosphere.

"Well then.."
"What do we do now? Take him to his room?"
"Noo it's so dark and crowded in there, let's just let him rest here so more for now!" Kirishima said, answering Mina's question.

Kirishima's POV

I look down on Kaminari's face, red and covered in tears that had dried. I can feel my stomach filling up with an uncomfortable feeling.

This was all your fault idiot

The feeling was a lifelong guilt-
I was really the reason why this all happened.

I hug him tight into my arms and don't let go.
As if that could protect him from the evil inside of his head.

We all sat there in silence for a while.
Nobody was brave enough to come downstairs or say anything if they already were. On the other side of Denki lied Bakugo who was obviously worried but if we even smiled for a second, he would be writing our names in his mental death note. I pulled my phone on my pocket - 4:07pm - the day was going at all different paces but right now, it was very slow.

Woah it's 8pm now 😧

It was a quiet, eventless day
I mean, if you don't count Kaminari's nightmare.

Bakugo was getting tired and said he was going to sleep so we decided that it was about time for us to head up too. I carried my unconscious friend in my arms, up to his room, and place him in his bed. After that, I turn around and join Bakugo on the floor.
Aizawa said that we were watching him while he was on house arrest so I guess that means that we don't have to worry about class tomorrow. "Night Bakubro!" Katsuki rolls his eyes "Night shitty hair.." Those were the last words we said before waking up the next day in complete silence.

I opened my eyes to see Bakugo asleep with his ash blonde hair covering his face. I turn around to greet Denki's face only to notice that he was missing. I shoot up and off the floor in a panic. I snatch my phone which was seated beside me and check the time- 7:24am. This would mean that classes started four minutes ago. While continuing to panic, I shake Bakugo until I'm met with his crimson eyes. "What is it dumbass?-" he groaned slowly sitting up. "Denki's gone" I could see his eyes widen as he proceeded to jump up to his feet and confirm that he was indeed not in the room. He sprinted to the elevator and I trailed behind him as fast as I could. We got to the ground floor and was immediately met with the dandelion yellow-hair boy holding up a plate of fried eggs. "Morning you guys!" He smiled. I don't understand.. He even looked pretty decent compared to yesterday as well.. He took a shower because his hair was back to how it usually was, he was wearing his typical stylish clothing even if he couldn't show it off to anyone but us, and his attitude was..

He was smiling so much as if he hadn't had such a terrible day. "Here you go, have some breakfast!" He said, handing us the plates containing breakfast. It looked good which was honestly very surprising. That isn't intended to be rude but some people just aren't meant for the kitchen. This includes me too because honestly, the only people in this class that can cook are Ochako, Momo, Rikido, and Katsuki. I pick up the glowing silverware and attempting to enjoy every bite.

It still bothered me though that he was acting as if everything was okay when yesterday he was so upset.. Once I finish, I look up at him, who's wiping off the kitchen counters that were filled with ingredients the others used before him. He finished up and decides to come join us, not saying a word.

Blasty Bitches POV

"Cut the crap." Denki looks at me, pretending to seem confused. "Huh? What's that supposed to mean?" I start to get a bit annoyed "Don't act dumber than you already are, why are you cooking and trying to act like your life is perfect?" He gives up his act instantly and drops his head onto the countertop, "I- I just want to move on and make everything go back to how it was.. No nightmares or panic.." Honestly who wouldn't?- What do I say though? I look at Kirishima while I scramble in my head to find something to say back but all he does is stare at him apologetically. Finally though, he ends up replying once he realizes I'm not saying a word. "I know Denki, we all hope this'll be over soon so that we can back to having the happiest, most energetic guy ever." Kaminari lifts his head up a bit to look at Kirishima. It's up enough though so that you can see the pink blush spread across his face. I rub his back and smile at him for comfort.

After that, we decided to catch Denki up on what we did while he was dead. Honestly it was just the new mobile game we were introduced to that was new news. We spent an hour on that game and we taught him everything. The lunch break at school began five minutes ago and both Sero and Mina accepted his friend request within the first minute. I'm starting to regret this though because he's already getting fucking addicted. Great. Time to spend another five months playing this stupid game just because of him.

Another thirty minutes later, I was about to just leave to two and shut myself in my perfectly quiet room. Those two can be extremely loud when they're mad.. It's so fucking annoying. "DUDE HURRY UP" Kirishima screamed, jumping around the common room like a child but his face being as serious as an adult. "IM TRYING- BAKUGO HURRY THE FUCK UP WERE GONNA LOSE." Sparky screamed back. "ALRIGHT THATS IT. IM GOING TO MY ROOM AND IF EITHER OF YOU FOLLOW ME I'LL BLOW YOUR ASS TO SPACE." I stomped off to the elevator but before I could press the button, Aizawa's voice walked in "Actually, I need you to come with us Bakugo." I turn around to see our teacher standing in front of the door while the two goofballs shut up but were still playing their game on the couch. "I need to take Kaminari to Recovery Girl and I want you guys to come as well."

We followed Aizawa-sensei to the nurses office where Recovery Girl checked Denki and asked us questions once in a while.

"I'm sorry sweetie.. There's nothing we can do until a cure is made. I'll try my best though!" She offered Kaminari a snicker but he silently declined.

"I do have a question though..."
"Yes?" Recovery girl questioned.
Kirishima then turned to Kaminari and asked, "Denki's face was pretty red yesterday.. Plus he slept for like half the day even after he just slept for another half day- Is he sick or something?" After hearing his name being mentioned, he sat there with a confused expression on his face. It took a minute but then Recovery Girl replied, "Oh he probably slept so much because he overused his quirk in his sleep, don't worry about it!" She smiled. Even though he should've been relieved, he looked pretty guilty once again.

Kirishima frowns and looks down in his seat, "Y'know.." We all turn our heads towards him. "If I could turn back time to the attack, I would've pushed you out of the way before you could jump out in front of me.." He says in an apologetic voice. Kaminari quickly puts a hand on his shoulder and replies, "And if I could turn back time I would make sure that I protected you the entire time!" He smiles that signature smile I miss way too much which comforted us all. If I could turn back time, I would've made sure I took in every time you did something so sweet Denki..