Picnic

A/N: This was my first fanfiction, so please don't judge too harshly! 

~*~

A pair of hands covered your eyes, and you knew exactly who it was. 

"George, please just let me study. The test is in 2 days!"

"Yeah, TWO DAYS, love. C'mon, I have a surprise for you."

"Okay, but if I flunk, it's on you."

He started laughing but stopped when he realized you were serious. You didn't understand why he chose to date you. He was outgoing, but you hated being in the spotlight (a fear so big that you hated being complimented since that would cause people to notice you). He had no care for classes; grades meant everything to you. He was adored; you were unknown. Should you go on? 

In fact, when you and George started dating, Fred had asked, "Y/n? Who's that?" It was like you had the invisible cloak, not Harry. 

"You coming or not?" George reminded. Sighing, you abandoned your textbooks, grabbed your wand, and got up. Lacing your hand in his, you allowed him to lead you through the castle grounds until you arrived at a calm flat of grass with a beautiful lake. 

"Wow, it's amazing!"

"Right? Fred and I discovered it while looking for new ingredients to put in our pranks. Look, there's a huge crane or something. It's looking at us!"

"Hi, crane," you greeted, "wanna be called George II?" Suddenly, it ran away, almost like it had sensed something bad was about to happen.

"Darling, I think your face is considered ugly in the animal kingdo- oof!" He clutched his side, where you had menacingly elbowed him. He sat down and pulled you along. As you unpacked the basket of food, you realized that nothing was edible. 

"Um, unless I've missed out on some culinary trend, I don't think that flywings and bat spit can be considered food." 

"I'm gonna kill Fred when we get back. Bet he thought it would be funny to replace my pastries with slime," George explained. 

Annoyance pushed up against your chest. "Seriously? This is what you wanted me to see when I actually could've been doing something productive?"

"How was I supposed to know that Fred would do this? I may be a wizard, but I can't see into the future!"

"I DON"T KNOW, WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT TWIN THINGY AND READ EACH OTHER'S MINDS? BECAUSE OF YOU, I'M GOING FAIL MY TEST!" 

"I SUPPOSE GRADES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND TOO!" 

"WELL, AT LEAST GRADES MAKE SENSE SOMETIMES! YOU'RE SUPER COOL AND I'M A NOBODY! THERE'S NO WAY YOU ACTUALLY LIKE ME ANYWAYS!" 

He froze. "Why would you think that? Of course I like you."

"I- I guess I was just scared that we were so different, it would drive us apart."

"Our differences are what helps us grow stronger, (y/n).  Imagine if we were the exact same, that would quite boring, wouldn't it? And you know-"

"You hate being bored." You finished for him. "Thanks, George. Oh no... I think I may have been trying to manipulate you into feeling guilt by saying you didn't like me. My old friends used to do that to me, and I guess it accidentally got implanted into my brain. Fred's not the one who ruined our date, I am, and I'm really sorry."

"Darling, it's OK. I know you didn't mean to, and now that you realized it, I can help you rid of any other bad traits you might've picked up. Sometimes people say things they mean, but don't realize it can be toxic. Plus, who said our date was ruined? We know magic, after all. I'll just make some food appear, then help you with that test of yours."

"I don't deserve you, George. I was so rude to you, yet you still offered to help me. I love you so much."

"(Y/n), you are the kindest, smartest, most hardworking, beautiful, and all other adjectives used to describe someone in a good way, person I have ever met. Don't you ever put yourself down just becau-" 

He was suddenly interrupted by the sound of flapping wings. 

"George, look! It's the crane again! HA, I knew I wasn't that ugly!"

"I dunno, hun. Maybe it only came back for my perfect face." He jokingly replied, and you both laughed.  

Adjusting the picnic blanket, you settled in next to each other. Taking a fruit tart from the newly appeared pile of food, you nested your head in the crook of his, and he wrapped his arms around you. As the sun went down, you both watched as a (y/n) II flew down and embraced George II, the two cranes accompanying each other until you had gone. 

~*~

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this! Sorry if some parts were a bit corny.  I really hope you liked it, and feel free to give me feedback. Have a nice day/afternoon/night!