Dinner Party (Pt 2)

A/N: This takes place a few years after part one. *KEY: (y/m/n)= your mom's name. (y/d/n): your dad's name. (y/n)= your name.

~*~

The savory aroma was too much to bear.

"I swear, each time I come over to your house, your mom's cooking gets better and better."

"Mum's always been an excellent cook," George acknowledged, "though don't tell her I said that, or Fred and I's reputation could be ruined."

At the sound of his voice, I felt my heart skip a beat.

Ever since the first dinner party, my crush on him blossomed. I spent every waking minute around him wishing for a sign, but it was time to accept defeat. I needed to stop.

At least we're friends.

I tried to push the feelings out, but they pushed back. Shaking my head as if it would help, I took another step down the stairs and felt air where the steps should be.

Suddenly, I felt something wrap around my waist. My arms waved in the air, searching for something to balance myself on. One landed on the stairwell, and the other clasped onto an arm. I opened my eyes and came face-to-face with a pair of brown eyes staring into mine.

"You OK?" George asked.

Startled, I nearly fell over again.

How were his eyes so deep? The waves engulfed me, and I welcomed it. I never knew drowning could be so wonderful.

"Ya know, you could've just used magic instead of showing off, George," Fred teased.

George looked away, and I was on land again.

"Shut up, Fred."

"C'mon George, you had some nice progress. I'm shocked considering you haven't had any experience yet, since you keep pining over the same person."

Both quickly glanced at me as if observing my expression.

George shot back, "When you're the more attractive twin, you tend to have better moves."

"Don't forget that I'm older, George."

They both rolled their eyes and walked down the stairs.

"George?

He turned back to glance at me. "(y/n)!?"

I snickered at his ridiculous imitation.

"I just wanted to say thank you. For keeping me from falling off the stairs, I mean."

He grinned and assured, "It was no problem, really. Harry can't have all the saving to himself."

---

"(y/n), dear, care for some more dessert?"

"Thanks, Mrs.Weasley, but I'm good. Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny said they'd meet me upstairs."

"Don't be up there too long, hon. We can't keep taking advantage of Molly's hospitality," Mom reminded.

"Oh, it's nothing, (y/m/n)! You guys are always welcome here," Mrs. Weasley exclaimed.

"Molly, you are too kind. By the way, you MUST share the recipe for the chicken; it was delicious! And (y/d/n) keeps asking me if Aurthur can show him the flying car he's been working on..."

---

Being back in Ginny's room was a wave of nostalgia. The pink walls had slightly faded, and I noticed a few new additions (including a poorly disguised picture of Harry with a heart drawn around his face).

There was no one inside the room, so I decided to sit down and wait. My eyes darted around the room until they landed on a particular spot. On cue, the moon spotlighted the area where I had fallen for George so long ago.

My eyes were transfixed on that speck of the floor. It seemed impossible that the dusty old corner was the reason I had felt the fire start burning up again, that my heart ached whenever he was around.

The door creaked open, and George emerged. Was I imagining him again?

"What's up, (y/n)?" He reached out and pulled me up from the ground. I felt my hand tingle at his touch and confirmed that he was real.

"The sky is up. Where's everyone else? I've been waiting for 10 minutes."

He was suddenly very interested in Ginny's rug.

"Well, I told them to not come."

"What? Why?"

"I wanted to talk to you by myself."

Blimey. We were alone. Just me and George. In a room. Together. With no one else around.

Now we were both studying the rug.

George broke the silence first. "Remember what happened on the stairway?"

I nodded, and he smiled weakly.

"And you heard what Fred said after? About me moping over the same person?"

I nodded again.

"That person was you."

I stared at him. "What do you mean it was me?"

Now he was inspecting the dresser. "I mean, I like you."

"I LIKE YOU TOO, YOU DUMMY!" I screeched and ran to hug him.

"You do?- er, of course you do. After all, no lady can resist me," he kidded.

"Just shut up and enjoy the moment, George," muttered a voice. The door slammed open, and Ginny, Ron, and Fred stood shamelessly behind it with Extendable Ears in each hand.

"Congrats, (y/n)!" Ginny squealed. "I knew you both were meant for each other!"

"How did you know, though? I never told anyone about my..." I peeped at George, "...crush on him."

"Well, every time you two are around each other, you both have this dumb look on your face and blush whenever the other talks to you. I can't believe it took you both this long to notice; it was so obvious."

George and I reddened, looked at each other, and reddened some more.

~*~

A/N: Thank you for reading! Let me know what type of stories you want me to write, and have a nice day/afternoon/night!