Amortentia (they/them)

A/N: Sorry I've been away for so long! I eventually gave up on the Valentines' Day Special, and it's too late to post it now. *KEY- (y/l/n): your last name. (y/n): your name. (y/h/h): your Hogwarts house.*

~*~

"Can anybody tell me what this potion is? (y/l/n)?"

(y/n) looked up from their textbook, where they were doodling and only half-listening.

"What?"

"If you had half a brain, you would be paying attention and know that this potion is Amortentia. 5 points from (y/h/h unless you're a Slytherin). Can anybody explain to them what Amortentia is?"

"It's a love potion that causes the person who digests it to have an extreme obsession with the potion-maker. It smells like what attracts each of us the most. For example, I smell honeydew, newspaper, and a color-changing quill," said a girl.

"Correct. I have prepared one cauldron here, so we can share what each of us detects."

Everyone looked excited and jostled each other in an attempt to be first.

"Rosewater, wax, and cucumber sandwiches!" one declared.

"Tablecloth, a silver spoon, and chocolate nut cookies," said another.

"Lavender shampoo, leather gloves, and faux rhinestones," Fred beamed at Angelia, who in return announced, "Fireworks, gummy worms, and something fizzy."

(y/n) stepped up. "Chocolate coins, a deck of playing cards, and a freshly ironed suit." George shot a startled look at her, and they blushed. They had liked him ever since they helped Fred and George get out of detention during second year.

Watching him lean towards the cauldron, they had a sinking feeling of dread. What would he smell? They scooted closer to him. Now they were standing side by side. He stopped and glanced at them. Was there something wrong? They knew they should've sprayed on their signature scent; they just assumed that it would be OK to stay natural for one day, plus they couldn't find the bottle and was going to be late.

"Sorry (y/n), could you move a bit? I can't smell anything over your perfume."

Incredulous, they gawked at him.

"George, I'm not wearing any."

His face filled with realization and reddened. Around them, classmates murmured among themselves.

"You may save your flirting for after class, Weasley. Next!" Snape sneered.

The rest of Potions was filled with an intolerable silence. (y/n) still couldn't comprehend what happened. He liked them back! It seemed too good to be true. They stole glances at George. He looked sick, and it seemed that Fred's good-natured teasing wasn't helping. George glanced at them, and they quickly looked away. Hopefully, he hadn't noticed them watching him.

"(y/l/n), I told you class was over. Get out of my classroom, NOW. "

"Sorry, sir!"

(y/n) ran out of the classroom before Snape could try and give them detention. They saw George standing in front of the door and halted. Quickly, they grabbed their wand to make some kind of invisibility spell, but it was too late. Fred thrust George towards them, despite George's strained expression.

(y/n) sighed and faced George.

"George, about the Amortentia, it was probably just a fluke- like maybe Angelina was standing really close to you, and we just happen to have the same fragrance! 'Cause, there's no possible way you would like me back-"

His expression shifted from awkward to smug.

"Do you fancy me, (y/n)?"

"Wha-? NO! It was an accident; I didn't mean to say I've been in love with you since 2nd year! That's totally not true! And just because I literally just said it doesn't make it real either! It was probably YOU making me say it with some jinx or spell! That doesn't mean I think you're mean since you're the kindest and most selfless and charming and creative and smart and handsome boy I've ever seen, and I'm going to stop talking now!" They replied, breathless.

"So," George invited," how about next Sunday at 5? I can ask Fred if we can show you our plans for our next big prank."

(y/n) laughed. "Make it 5:30, and you have a date."

~*~

A/N: Thank you for reading! As always, let me know if I forgot to change a pronoun, leave your requests down low, and have a nice day!