Chapter 6: The Emerald Forest

Yang has begun to look around for a partner.

Yang: "Helloooooooo? Is anyone out there? Helloooo?" She then stops to raise her arms "Im getting bored here!" She hears a rustling nose and turns around "Is someone there?l" the rustling continues as Yang comes over and peaks inside "Ruby, is that you?"

A low, inhuman growl is heard, and Yang's head rises up as she stares at the creature.

Yang: "Nope!"

Yang quickly rolls to the side as an Ursa charges out of the green. She gets up and activates her Ember Celica, staring at the monster before another Ursa runs out behind her. She leaps over it, and its companion runs at her again, only to get knocked back by a fiery punch. The other Ursa and Yang charge at each other, and Yang manages to get under it and deliver several punches and a kick to send the creature back.

Yang: "You guys wouldn't happen to have seen a girl in a red hood, would you?" The Ursai then growls at her "You could just say "no"."

One of the Ursai stands on its legs and swipes at her twice, Yang barely dodging the attacks.

Yang: "Geeeez, you two couldn't hit the broad side of a ba-"

Before she can complete her insult, a single strand of her golden hair falls in front of her face and lands on the forest floor.

Yang: "You..." she closes her lilac eyes and when she opens them they turn a dark red "You monster!!!"

An inferno surrounds Yang for a moment, and she rockets forward, unleashing a devastating combo of flaming hits and blows on the offending Ursa, making it fly through several burning trees. The other monster runs over, but stops short at Yang's gaze while a tree falls to the ground behind her.

Yang: "What! You want some, too?!"

The Ursa rears up and prepares to strike... right when a whirling noise is heard and the monster makes a befuddled noise, falling down a second later to reveal Blake with her Gambol Shroud in the beast's back. Yang pants in exhaustion while Blake recalls the weapon back to her hand, sheathing it on her back and smiling to the side . Yang, now purple-eyed again, speaks to her new partner over the smoking remains of the monster.

Yang: "I could've taken him."

——

The scene suddenly changes to Weiss Schnee's predicament, she then deflects the swipe from a Beowolf with her Myrtenaster and getting pushed back into the middle of the beastly circle. She holds out her sword as she goes through her dueling motions and practices.

Weiss: "Remember your training, Weiss. Head up, shoulders back, right foot forward — not that forward! — slow your breathing, wait for the right time to strike, and" she says brining her rapier up and the revolver spinning "Now!"

Weiss dashes forward with her loaded weapon at the Beowolf in front of her, just when Ruby suddenly appears between the two in a blur of rose petals and a swipe of her Crescent Rose scythe, landing a hit on the monster.

Ruby: "Gotcha!"

Weiss widens her eyes and screams as she quickly has to stop, swinging the sword in a random direction and creating a line of fire that sets a nearby tree ablaze, followed quickly by the rest of the forest around the clearing.