Chapter 7

"I'm glad you're taking the chemo.. thank you Taehyung." Jimin said, smiling ear to ear.

"Why say thank you jimin? It's for my own good.. you shouldn't be the one saying that, I should be." Taehyung replied.

Jimin chuckled, "I don't know.. but I just feel so happy when you said you're taking it."

"But shouldn't be too happy.. we don't know if it will work... Like the doctor said, we only have small chances."

"Then we'll make it big... You just need to get more strength, take care of yourself.. eat a lot of healthy foods and just be happy."

Taehyung smiled, "Yeah.. I'll try."

"No Tae, don't try.. do it. For Jungkook, for me, for everyone else, and for yourself. We still need a lot of time, you promised to me that we will travel paris together, to go to different places together, to grow old together." Jimin said. "With Jungkook of course." He added.

Taehyung laughed. "So the Maknae's forever?"

Jimin nodded. "We can do it in our own.. Jungkook will just surely follow you."

They both laughed.

"Will he though?" Taehyung suddenly asked as soon as he stopped laughing. "He might like someone else.."

Jimin looked at him in the eyes, holding his hands, assuring him.

"He might like someone else... But that will never change the fact that he's in love with you. When we hangout together after you two broke up-- or did you?--, Jungkook wasn't on his right mind, he keeps on spacing out.. I sometimes caught him mumbling your name to sleep and if you didn't notice, he always look at you from afar with the same eyes he look at you before... He once told me before, he never fell so deep in love like how deep he fell for you." Jimin said. "I was envious because you have a guy like him... He listens to you, he cares so much about you, he adores you so much, he can make all the time in the world if you ask him to.. you change him for the better and he's trying to be the best for you... That's the most ideal relationship a couple could have. I even tried to make one... But then I realized. Mine's different.. I could never have the ideal relationship you have because mine is different... You both were blessed of each other, you're a perfect pair.. that's something others can't have." He added.

"Thank you jimin."

"No need to thank me... I just said the truth."

"No really, thank you.... If something doesn't go what as planned, please take care of him.. If ever.. please tell him to find a new happiness, something new or maybe someone that could be with him for a longer period of time."

"Tae... You shouldn't say that. And besides, it's all up to him.. even if I tell him that you plead for him to do such thing, he won't... He's quite stubborn when it comes to that, because all he want is you.. he never want something else nor someone... I overheard you talking days ago, he's the happiest with you.. even if you're far away, he will still hold into you." Jimin said, on the verge of crying. "And please.. Don't say such words like you're so sure you're not going to survive. A lot of people is hoping you would.. you're the only one thinking you wouldn't."

"I'm sorry." Taehyung said in a low voice. "I just can't stop thinking about it... And it's my fault after all... If I did what Yoongi hyung and Jieun-noona had been telling me, I would had big chances of surviving but I'm just too hardheaded... I wasn't thinking straight and just wanted to give up, I didn't think about the people that loves me.. and how would they feel when I'm gone. All I thought about was ending it all sooner as possible so all the pain will fade away.. I'm really sorry, I was being selfish." He added.

Jimin held his hands tighter.  "We're going to get this through together, okay? All of us are beside you.. we'll always be."

~~~~~~~

Taehyung stared at Jungkook who's smiling the whole time while looking through his camera.

"What is that?" He asked.

Jungkook looked at him and showed him the pictures he took of him while sleeping.

"You were taking pictures of me while sleeping? Delete that.. it's embarrassing" Taehyung said, lips forming into a small pout.

"Why? You look adorable." Jungkook said, can't stop smiling.

"No I don't... I'm losing my hair because of the chemo. Do you still think I'm adorable?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook's expression softened. "Hyung.." he held his face. "You'll always be... You're the most adorable and handsome person I know. You'll always be my number one."

Taehyung smiled. "Even if I go bald? Like no hair at all?"

"Of course... Your hair doesn't lessen how handsome you are."

Taehyung chuckled embarrassed. "Stop it.. you're flattering me to much, don't you think?"

"So you're flattered then? Well, it's the truth... No cap at all. You're still the most handsome man in the world. Still number one"

Taehyung rolled his eyes playfully.

It's been days since his chemotherapy started.. no sign of progression yet but they can't stop now.

Taehyung is losing his hairs because of it. He's also getting weaker. But Jungkook is always there beside him.. he never left.

He has been Taehyung's guide and source of strength. He was tired as he doesn't get enough sleep but as long as Taehyung needs him, he's wide awake. He doesn't even want to take his eyes off Taehyung.

Taehyung scanned jungkook's feature, it all shows that he's tired. Dark circles and droopy eyes.

"You should get some sleep." Taehyung said.

"I'm fine." Jungkook replied. "Do you need something?"

"Yes... I need you to get some sleep. You look so tired."

Jungkook shook his head. "No, I'm really fine--"

"Jungkook." Taehyung said in a warning voice. "Get some sleep.. I don't need anything right now so maybe you should rest for an hour or two."

Jungkook stared at him, hesitating but he really needs to rest even for just a short amount of time.

"Are you sure?"

Taehyung nodded.

"Okay, but don't hesitate to wake me up when you need something, 'kay."

Taehyung hummed. Jungkook laid himself on the sofa, closing his eyes.

Taehyung just stared at him, eyes watering. He's making Jungkook have a bad time, he's feeling bad for it. He feels so pathetic. If there is something he could do for him like how Jungkook does everything for him, he wouldn't hesitate to do it right away. 

"I'm sorry... Soon, you'll be able to sleep well like you did before." He uttered, wiping his tears away.

He's not aware that Jungkook is still awake. loud and clear, he heard what Taehyung just said.

Jungkook just took a deep breath, closing his eyes tighter to prevent his tears from falling.

*******