#12

We're childhood friends...

One bite.

She's someone I trust...

Another bite.

She's...someone important-

"Ow!", Sana whined when her tooth literally stabbed her tongue to death.

Great, now even her own body wants to cause her pain.

The thought of finishing her ice cream was long gone. The blonde stood up, threw away her cone, and found herself among dozens of other people roaming the streets late afternoon.

Today was one of those days where it wasn't hot, but breezy enough for a stroll down memory lane.

Nostalgic, Sana had to shake her head. Those damn thoughts. Leave 'em in the past.

"Mommy mommy! Look it's a goddess!", some child tugging their mother's arm was pointing towards the pond.

His loud squeals caused everyone around him to turn and look.

Indeed, one might believe it were a goddess, how the wind combed her hair, the sun kissed her skin, and the fact she was nicknamed 'GodJihyo' meant she had every right to be deemed as one.

Sana didn't breathe for a moment, simply stunned by the person she (once) loved sitting there all by herself, skipping rocks into the water.

"Come now, don't bother that gorgeous young lady", the child's mother demanded.

With the kid now gone, so too were the onlookers. People continued on with their lives, spoke to people they missed, ate food they were craving and thought about things that only life had a knack for doing.

Life is constant, that much Sana knows.

But what happens when you just...stop...?

Stop and look around for a moment.

Notice the trees and how they sway, the water and how it ripples, the birds and how they fly.

What happens if you just took the time to...stop...?

"Hey", was the first word that came to Sana's mind despite being totally unaware how she got here in the first place.

It was almost too perfect how Jihyo turned to her, eyes wide and soft with the slightest hint of surprise.

"...Sana...", if she had to be honest, Sana was the last person she'd ever expected to see. Especially this late at night. "W-what...what are you doing here?"

Patting down her skirt, Sana squatted beside her. "I live around here silly, duh", She chuckled.

Jihyo only stared at her.

It's been awhile since they were last alone like this. Completely absorbed in eachothers company, unbothered by anything outside of them.

Moments like those were so frequent between them that everyone joked that if one day they'd got lost, nobody would bat an eye.

Till this day Sana's not sure if that was an insult or a compliment.

She'd say both.

"Finally realizing what you're missing out on?", the squirrel teased. Or tried to, if not for the underlying bitterness in her tone.

Jihyo sighed, throwing another rock into the water. "It's not what you think..."

"Then tell me, Jihyo. So I don't have to guess"

Another rock splashes into the water and Sana watches as Jihyo gets up, hands in her pocket. "I'm sorry..."

Sorry?

SORRY!?

Out of all the things she could've said, could've done, sorry is all she says?

Sana stood up quick, fuming the longer she stood in front of this...this...

"Park. Fucking. Jihyo", a poke for every word. Right on her chest. And Jihyo just took it all in. "Are you seriously joking right now? Sorry? Is that what we are, strangers who can't even talk to eachother like friends!"

The younger one scoffed.

Bad timing.

Sana had had enough.

"You know what...fuck you Jihyo", Sana's words didn't match the tears rolling down her face. "This was a mistak-"

Familiar warm hands pulled her into a hug. Shattering her heart enough to make her sob and punch Jihyo on the ribs.

"I'm sorry..."

Being a December baby didn't mean she had to like Winter. In fact, she was sure her parents did 'it' a bit too late in the game.

Spring was more of her thing, really.

"Magnolia for you, orchid for you, and a tulip for me", 14 year old Sana had a way of making people do things they normally wouldn't do.

Like now, in the middle of the grass, with her two bestfriends glaring because 'too many bugs. ew' and 'sailor moon isn't going to watch themselves, sana-chan'

"Satang, I love you and all...but the grass...", Momo squirmed when Sana placed a pretty pink orchid in her hair.

Mina didn't have much to say when Sana leaned in close, placing the blue magnolia behind her ear.

The new scenery was nice for a change.

Sana couldn't contain her giggles. Her bestfriends were so, so pretty. If only they saw themselves through her eyes...maybe they'd appreciate Spring as much as she did.

"-chan"

The light tap causes her to groan.

"Sana-chan..."

This time there's a feathery kiss on her forehead.

Sana cracked one eye open. The bright light doing very little in helping her awake.

"Mitang...shhshhh... it's too early", the squirrel tried to cover her eyes again, but Mitang was not having it.

"Get your ass up. It's 4 in the afternoon", after clapping Sana on the butt, Mina threw her a towel before standing up. "Take a shower. When I come back you better be dressed and ready to go"

And like the classy, elegant, stunning woman she is...Miss Myoui Mina sauntered out of the room leaving a threat Sana knew better than to take lightly.

"Tsk... she's hot when she gets like that"

_________________

No words. Literally no words. But we may or may not have something going on here...

jihyo is sus.

sana is tired.

mina just wants peace of mind.