#15

It wasn't a lie.

It truly wasn't.

This whole thing was something so otherworldly to Sana that it completely threw her off course, made her topple, and question things that normally didn't cross her mind. Because goddamn. . . was this beyond her expectations. . .

"I FEEL SO ALIIVEEEEE!", Sana couldn't help the smile splitting across her face. The wind was sharp and cold against her body, but the cold never bothered her anyway.

Tzuyu, who'd been swerving around blinding cars on the narrow two lane road, chuckled.

Neither expected this night to go so well like this, not to mention how easy it was for them to fall into some sort of rhythm. Like they were meant to be here in this moment, in this time, experiencing the moon shining down over them like the opening gates to heaven.

Or hell.

Whatever opened first.

Bbbrraapopppopp (literally whatever motorcycle pipes sound like-)

Flames trailed behind them when Tzuyu shifted the bike down into 1st gear.

At first the squirrel was confused. Nothing was in front of them. Just a dark road with—

Oh...

People.

There were people everywhere.

First, it had been the lights. Strung high and low on every house and every pole, from one end of the little town to the other. Then the music. Loud and raw that it reminded her of those summer nights when Jihyo and the girls would come over to her house and idly go through whatever playlist that sounded good.

"You hungry?", Tzuyu asked as she parked in front of small a deli shop, YUQI'S TABLE, written in bolden bright green letters.      

f-food?, just the thought alone made Sana's tummy growl.

And the only answer the brunette needed to drag 'em both inside.

"小妹妹 (little sister)!"

As packed as it was inside, the lighthearted endearment still made its way over to the shorter woman pouring tea behind the counters.

Affection and pure surprise danced in her eyes when she gazed up, teapot frozen mid-air. "Tzuyu...?", the voice alone sounded unsure. Years of being apart will do that to you.

The taller one shrugged, smiling softly. 

"CHOU TZUYU!!!"

It happened all so fast.

The teapot -thankfully- fell into her co-worker's hands, one foot after the other galloping across the wooden floors until they found themselves wrapped around a very confused and very warm Tzuyu's waist.

"Y-yuqi...c-can't...b-breathe", the tall one weakly patted the girl's head. Delighted, but barely surviving koala girl grappling onto her like some tree branch.

Ever the courteous child, Sana watched silently, hands behind her back to allow them space to do...whatever this was. A reunion, she'd say. A very cute one at that.

"小妹妹 (little sister)—", everything after was foreign to Sana's ears as they bickered back and forth in their mother tongue, some words sticking out to the squirrel from the few Jackie Chen movies and Ip Man series she'd watch, tho not enough to grasp the conversation.

It wasn't until a smack on the girl's head did Tzuyu finally realize Sana was standing off to the side by herself, hands still behind her back with a polite smile.

"Yuqi, this is Sana", the brunette introduced before pulling Sana to her side. "Sana, this is Yuqi"

Yuqi, who now looked almost embarrassed in front of the squirrel, quickly bowed her head and smiled. "Pleasure to meetchu, gorgeous", the cutie winked. Or, at least tried to.

Sana chuckled, "The pleasure is all mines, cutie"

Tzuyu rolled her eyes playfully. "Alright, can we get some food now?"

Chamomile wafted to the tip of her nose. Tummy now happy and full. Sana had never felt more relaxed in her entire life.

"You look right at home", Tzuyu bit back a smile. She'd been watching Sana the entire time. It sparked a lil pride in her when the squirrel ordered everything off the menu, ranging from zongzi to scallion pancakes, every delicacy home to her country. 

Sana nodded, taking a bite of her remaining pork bun.

4PM became 9.

Day became night.

Nighttime had always been her favorite. The way the moon illuminated everything it touched, how it brought a certain air of mystique, was something enticing to Sana. Now, if anyone knew her, they'd know nighttime also brought about storms and rainy weather. Not her favorite. But if the skies were as clear as it was tonight... then nothing stopped her from relishing in the milky tones and dotted lights draping across the skyline. 

But there's just one question she hasn't quite figured out yet.

And maybe she never will.

Her mother always told her she had a way of overanalyzing things, more often than not, that being her own heart. This time was no different.

Sana sipped her tea slow, allowing warmth to blossom all throughout her veins. It's what chamomile is intended for, right? To chill the fuck out?

"Why are we here?"

Tzuyu's nose crinkled.

Vibrant colors reflected in her gaze when their eyes met, the question expected, but poorly timed.

She sipped again, bated breath, wanting an answer to a question she didn't even know the answer to herself.

____________________

:D

stomp me, call me rude names, whatever it takes. get it all outta your system.

woosah, ok?

alright. now that that's behind us... here's my thoughts on this story

No honestly. My mind. Powerful. Powerful enough to forget I had a book to complete. Powerful enough to remind myself that I've only got 4 hours to write. 

We gotta give ourselves more credit. Life gets pretty hectic, my apologies.

So far, Sana's confused. Tzuyu is probably confused. I'm confused on where any of this is going. And now everyones confused. 

Wouldn't be the first time :D