Relationships

Ch.14

Things at work have been going pretty great. An entire month has passed since you first sat with Haneul for lunch. That now became a routine for the two of you. She no longer ate by herself since you were constantly joining her. She didn't mind at all though. You would catch Haneul looking around for you or she would wait to clock out at the exact same time as you. It was adorable to witness. Haneul was such a cutie that you couldn't help yourself from doting on her and wanting to take care of her even more. The original walls she had held up were no longer existent around you. They had lowered slowly and it was easy to get her to crawl out of her shell. She was still shy to this day but compared to before she was doing so much better.

It was nice to know that she felt comfortable around you. She didn't hesitate to ask you questions anymore and felt more eager to perform her job at work. The change was nice to see. Before it felt like Haneul wasn't always here mentally. She was just doing what she was told and working to save money. You wanted her to at least enjoy the time she was here for. You saw that in her face now as the two of you continued to work with each other. She was learning a lot of things that most temps don't get taught until they become permanents here in the company. Maybe you were taking her under your wing too much, but you liked it this way.

Haneul was taught how to print labels along with fixing errors. When they were still in the system and when they were already printed. She's a faster learner, that's for sure. You joked that she was ready to replace you and she blushed bright red from that. No, she definitely deserved to use that smart brain of hers somewhere else. But you did like seeing her drive to learn from the job more. She was able to void labels with out of stock items in the order. She figured out emails quickly and was working at your computer as if she's had been working with it for months. Kids these days are too good with technology.

Other than that, work is going smoothly for the both of you. There is the occasional bump with Munhee. That part was inevitable seeing as she worked here with you guys, but you could handle her. There was just the few times when you had to keep your mouth shut or lightly stop the things she said to Haneul. For some reason being kind to the temp was near impossible for the old lady. Haneul's entire aura changed anytime Munhee was nearby. Her voice alone got Haneul to become tense. You could see how anxious she got and it was frustrating you couldn't do more for her. Haneul understood you did your best when delicately telling Munhee to go easy on her or trying to get her to leave your area. That woman could not seem to take a hint for her life.

"Yejun is always singing the alphabet." You chuckled as you double checked her orders. She collected all the jars listed on the labels so you were only making sure they were correct before she bubble wrapped them. "My babysitter also likes to sing it with him, but they also practice counting together."

"How is counting?" Haneul asked.

"He's having a bit of hard time with numbers," You admitted with a shrug. "I know he'll get the hang of it though. I was really good at school back in the day. It's only been a month of kindergarten anyway so I know he'll get it."

"Is he still having trouble with shapes?" Haneul tilted her head. You let out a little sigh, hoping it didn't sound bad to her.

Yejun has been going to kindergarten for a month and he was being fed all kinds of information. He was familiar with this stuff before thanks to educational cartoons. Still, he seemed to have a hard time when diving deeper into the subjects. It's not like they were doing anything crazy in kindergarten, but you hoped Yejun would figure it out. Taehyung was doing his best to help Yejun with his homework. He told you that Yejun was frustrated with homework. Taehyung didn't tell you much else. Yejun would begin to tug on Taehyung's clothes and hit his waist to make him stop sharing this stuff with you. It was important for you to know though.