Reckless

Ch.37

It bugged Jungkook a lot more than he cared to admit. Okay, that was a lie. The minute he entered Sunshine in a Cup, he was already spilling every single detail. Everything between him and you has been going extremely well. Jungkook felt that! There was something different when the two of you hung out now. He couldn't fully express it without screaming and earning a glare from Hoseok. He tried being quiet, but it was so difficult. There was too much going on and it was happening so fast. Jungkook was spending more time at your place. That had to mean something, right? There was also the devastating news of Rex's death. Hoseok kept an eye on Jungkook when he brought it up.

Something Jungkook appreciated from his hyung even though he didn't want everyone close to him being careful around the topic of death. He was aware of it. That was never going to change. He didn't like feeling like he was under a microscope. It only made him feel guilty and regret what he attempted more than he already did. Even when things were hard and Jungkook found himself hating himself and not believing in his worth again, it has never dropped to that level. He's been good about that which was lucky. Jungkook knew others didn't always have the same experience as him. These days though, he felt the urge to want to live more than ever.

Hoseok didn't need to be delicate around him. Besides, there was something bothering him. Seokjin pushed himself into the conversation as he always did. The man had no shame. No one was surprised at this point though. Jungkook decided to just ignore him and continue on with his story. Aside from Rex and managing to make the situation a little better for Yejun, there was still a huge obstacle in front of Jungkook. It was the fact that you were still dating Namjoon. Why? It made no sense to him. How come it was lasting this long? What even were the both of you? Was it official or not? It was making him have a hard time deciding on how he should pursue you.

"So this is what you came in here to scream about." Hoseok stared at him tiredly. His voice was monotone, letting everyone know he wasn't in the mood for Jungkook. Just Jungkook in general. "The door is over there, Jungkook."

"What!? Are you seriously kicking out your favorite dongsaeng when they're having a crisis!? Does this not mean anything to you!?" Jungkook yelled before his voice turned into a whine. "Hyung. Hyuuuuung, you're being mean."

"Are you really gonna take that?" Seokjin smirked only for Hoseok to quickly bring his hand near Seokjin's throat. The elder flinched, sweating and shutting his eyes. Death never overcame him though. Carefully opening one and then the other, he was relieved that Hoseok had stopped himself from completely grabbing Seokjin's neck. Hoseok's hand was just underneath his chin, tempted to clamp down around Seokjin's throat.

"You...will live another day." Hoseok growled.

"Good because I have a date—AH!" Seokjin screamed when Hoseok gripped his throat.

"Woah, woah! This is about me! God, you're so selfish, Seokjin hyung! Trying to get yourself killed when I'm trying to break up a relationship to get the girl all for myself!" Jungkook huffed angrily. If he has to be the hero and break up the fight then he supposes he can do that. He wanted to roll his eyes. It's always him saving the day! What would they do without him?

Jungkook hopped off the stool he was seated in. He needed to act fast if he wanted Seokjin to stay alive. He was tempted to think about it, but he figured saving Seokjin would be easier than hiding the body and being an accomplice with Hoseok. Only because of THAT and nothing else. That was the only reason he bothered to go around the counter, breaking the two apart from each other. Seokjin was gasping for air, collapsing onto the floor while Jungkook took both of Hoseok's hands. He quickly went behind Hoseok to temporarily restrain him. The faster Jungkook gets this over with, the faster they can listen to him complaining again! That's literally all he wanted. Was that too much to ask?