Dumb Bully

Ch.19

It was night so the text took you by surprise. That was something you would have expected to receive earlier in the day. There was nothing wrong with the message Namjoon sent you though. The two of you exchanged numbers for this purpose after all. It was about time the two of you discussed it. You knew Yejun would be ecstatic to hear he could spend time with Jimin after school. You spent that night texting Namjoon before falling asleep. Normally texting others was always an awkward process to you. Mainly when you didn't know them that well, but it was surprisingly comfortable with Namjoon. His charm managed to even seep through his texts.

Somehow you were even making jokes with Namjoon. It was easy to get sidetracked. It only happened because he asked to learn more about you. He wanted to get an idea of who Jimin was getting to know or at least that's how you saw it. Whoever you were would reflect on your son and you could understand that worry. While Yejun may be close to Jimin, you didn't really know his background. Much less his father who you would have to acquaint yourself with these two being best friends. After setting a time and place, the both of you briefly talked about yourselves. It was only to get to know each other even though it did remind you of the days when you were a teenager. Using the home phone to talk to a boy you liked from school and then your sister banging on your door, telling you to get off the phone so she could use it.

Those days felt so long ago. That was crazy to think about. You were twenty-eight and Namjoon told you he was twenty-six so just a little younger. His age took you by surprise seeing as he had a child the same age as yours. It wasn't too wild though. You really didn't have that much reason to be shocked. Getting pregnant in your early twenties was something you knew well anyway. It was just nice talking to someone who understood the struggle of being a young parent. But from the sounds of it, it seemed like the both of you were fortunate.

You had a supervisor role at work. Hard work and time at the company got you to your high position. It left you in charge of others and of all the projects you had to print labels for. There was a lot you did and it all ended with you getting more than a pretty penny every two weeks. It's not like you worked anywhere fancy, but you were lucky. Namjoon worked at a company you've actually heard of though. Apparently it belongs to his father. He had to work as an intern during his early twenties by force, but he's taken the job seriously since then. A lot of his motivation being Jimin. He has a higher role though you had no doubt that he would become the CEO when his father decides to step down. That was amazing to hear. It explained him wearing such an expensive suit from the few times you have met him.

Maybe you could gain a friend too. You weren't sure, but you did like Namjoon. Though your mind did like to remind you of how attractive you thought he was when you first saw him. An embarrassing reminder that immediately had you turning in for the night. You couldn't be left with your thoughts any longer. You slept and eventually performed the routine schedule that you had. Getting dressed, breakfast, then heading to work. Another long day of work to put some food on the table. You usually tried to enter work in a good mood except coming here only reminded you of Haneul's boyfriend. The way he treated her left a bitter taste in your mouth. That still lingered and it was impossible to move on from that though. Especially when Haneul was right in front of you.

"How did your appointment go?" You set your keys down on your desk. Haneul was in the middle of making boxes when you took a seat at your desk. She lifted her head up slightly to smile at you.

"It went fine. No cavities." She shrugged, keeping it short. You hummed at her response, just waiting for your computer to stop being slow. It was taking a lot out of you not to ask about her boyfriend. You might need to bite your tongue in order to stop yourself.

"That's great!" You tapped your fingers on the desk. If the browser didn't finish loading, you knew you would crack to ask her. You needed work as a distraction. But at the same time, it was something you really didn't want to pretend was okay. With how slow your computer was, you knew it wasn't going to load right away. Your mind also wasn't going to drop this any time soon. Glancing over at Haneul, you kept your sigh brief. "I saw your boyfriend."