9-The Necklace

Lilah

I wake up and rub my eyes. I sit up and look around the empty room. Auralee had gone home to her family for the holidays. I get up and walk over to the window to watch the sunrise. I watch the sunrise every morning. I think it's one of the most beautiful gifts nature has to give us. I think it's something everyone should experience at least once in their lives. I walk back to my bed and see two boxes on my night stand. I smile and reach for them. One of them had a little card attached to it. I decided to open that one first.

Happy Christmas Lilah! I wish I could be spending it with you I hope you like your gift!

-Auralee

I smile and untie the ribbon and unwrap the present. It was a little teddy bear. I hug it. I'll have to write Auralee later and thank her for it. I reach for the next present. There is no indicator of who its from. Maybe on the inside. I open the neatly wrapped box. Inside was a heart shaped necklace with a clear jewel inside. It was beautiful. I put on the necklace and examined it in the mirror. It was stunning. Who could it be from. It must be Louis or Sebastian. I'll have to ask them later. I was planning on spending Christmas with Harry and Ron. There's no better way to spend Christmas than with your friends. I pick up the book I was reading last night. The dining hall won't open for another hour so I may as well get some reading in. I was looking for more information about the Philosophers stone. Harry learned from Hagrid that is what Fluffy is protecting. We haven't been very successful so far but we'll figure it out. I hope. I still don't believe Snape is trying to get the stone. How would it benefit him? But then again I can't think of anyone else it could be. After I read for a little and am again unsuccessful on finding any information I decide I should probably get dressed. I were a red jumper with a black skirt and some black tights. I brush my hair and put on a black headband. I smile at my reflection before I make my way down to the great hall. I'm one of the only people there. Most people went home for the holidays. I sit down in my normal spot and wait for someone to come.

"Happy Christmas!" Harry says sitting next to me

"Happy Christmas harry," I say smiling, "where's Ron?"

"He was grabbing something his mum got you a present!" He says with a huge grin on his face.

"Really she didn't have to do that," I say blushing a little.

A few moments later Ron comes into the great hall holding a present rapped in red and green paper.

"Happy Christmas Ron," I say waving at him.

"Happy Christmas Lilah," he says sitting next to Harry, "this is for you."

"Thank you," I say taking the gift, "I feel bad I wasn't able to get anyone anything."

"Who cares Christmas isn't about the presents it's about spending it with the people you love," Ron says.

I open the present and inside is a yellow jumper with a black L on it, "its lovely!"

"Mum makes them every year it's one of our traditions," Ron says.

"Please tell her I said thank you," I say smiling.

"Of course!" Ron replays grabbing a piece of toast.

"What's that?" Harry asks pointing to my new necklace. 

"Oh it's a present I don't know who it's from however, I think it's probably from Louis," I explain.

"That reminds meI got a present today it was something of Dad's," Harry says practically jumping out of his seat.

"Thats amazing Harry!" I exclaim, "what is it?"

"It's an invisibility cloak there's only one in the world," Ron says in a softer tone.