10- Devils Snare

Lilah

"So you really think Snape is going to steal the stone tonight?" I frantically ask Harry as we walk down the hallway with Ron and Hermione.

"Yes that's why we have to tell Professor Dumbledore he'll know what to do," Harry responds.

"What are a group of first years like you doing inside on this fine day," Snape says looking at us suspiciously.

"We were heading to the library," Hermione says matter of factly, "doing some personal research."

"All of you?" He asks dragging his words out.

"Yes it's er a group project," Harry says with a fake smile.

"Yes well hurry along now some may suspect your up to something," he says before walking away.

Ron and Harry exchange a look before we continue to make our way to Mcgonagalls office so she can take us to Dumbledore. We make it to the transfiguration classroom and we burst in all talking at the same time.

"What in words name are you 4 doing here," she asks.

"We have to see Dumbledore," Harry says frantically.

"What is so urgent that you must see him," she says.

"Snape is trying to steal the philosophers stone!" Hermione expresses.

McGonagall stairs at us with a shocked expression on her face. She's probably shocked that a group of 1st years were able to find out about the stone.

"I don't know how you know about the stone but I can insure you Professor Snape is certainly not trying to steal the stone," she says.

"How do you know that?" Ron asks.

"Because he's one of the teachers guarding the stone," she says, "now Professor Dumbledore is not here so I suggest you all go back to your common rooms and drop it, the stone is in good hands there is no reason for you lot to worry."

We all share a look before we leave McGonagalls office. We continue to walk down the corridor until we reach a split end.

"So are we gonna do it ourselves?" I ask.

"Of course we are," Harry says.

"We can't let Snape get the stone it would be too dangerous," Hermione says starting to walk towards where the stone is being hidden, "we have no time to waste let's go."

We make our way to Fluffy when we get there Fluffy is already asleep and they're is an enchanted instrument playing a lullaby to Fluffy. I look at Harry and we exchange a look. I hold up a finger to my lips and look and Ron and Hermione. We tiptoe over to the trap door. We open the door to reveal a pretty deep drop.

"Ladies first," Ron says gesturing to the door which earns him a nudge from Hermione.

"I'll go first," Harry says, "if you don't hear from me just leave."

"We're not leaving you behind," Ron says.

Harry jumps down the trap door. We anxiously wait for a response.

"It's ok go ahead and jump through," Harry yells from bellow.

I jump next, followed by Hermione, and then Ron. We land on some sort of plant even though it cushioned our fall but something still felt off. I felt the plant start to wrap around my body and pull me down. I instantly remembered about learning about devils snare in Herboligy.

"This is devils snare!" I yell to the others.

Ron immediately try's to wiggle his way out of the trap which causes the plant to just pull him down further.

"You have to stay calm if we want to get out of this," Hermione snaps, "don't move and it will let us go."

I do my best to stay as still as possible right as the plant starts to wrap around my throat. The plant drops me finally and I join Hermione and Harry.

"Where's Ron?" I ask looking back at the plant.

"He's never gonna stay still," Hermione says pulling her wand out.

She casts a spell that burns the plant which finally releases Ron. He quickly stands up looking at us.

"That bloody thing was going to kill me," Ron complains brushing dust off of his shirt, "thanks Hermione."

"Of course now we have to keep moving if we want to get the Philosophers stone," she says as we continue on towards the stone.