2- The Doe

Lilah

5 years later

"Happy birthday Dudley," I say giving him his present I got for him.

"What is this," he sneers grabbing it from my hands.

"Its not much but I wanted to get something for you I saved up all the money I had to get it for you," I say with a smile.

"Probably swiped it from a store with her bloody magic," Uncle Vernon spat.

I kept my head down. I know the Dursley's didn't like me and Harry but I always tried to be kind to them. I didn't want them to feel bad I believe there's good in everyone, even if you have to peel through many layers to even see a sliver. I didn't steal the jumper and biscuits I got him I helped the neighbors with chores and they paid me. Some of our neighbors were way to gracious but I'll pay them back one day.

"What is this!" Dudley yells throwing the jumper on the ground, "I can't believe you wasted my time for a stupid jumper and some biscuits."

I give him a smile then go to help Harry with breakfast.

"I don't know why you even try with then they're awful to you," he says frying some bacon.

"I know but everyone deserves to be treated with kindness even the worst of people," I explain starting to make the eggs.

"I'm going to talk to them," Harry says leaving to bring the bacon to them.

Harry always stands up for me he says I need to start standing up for myself but I don't want to. I'm scared to honestly scared they might get mad at me. I get distracted and burn my finger on the pan. I'm pretty clumsy but I also am able to heal myself so I guess its ok. The Dursley's don't like it when I heal myself they don't like when I do a lot of things actually but what they don't know won't kill them I guess.

"Whats taking so long in there!" Uncle Vernon yells.

"We have big plans today for Dudley's birthday," Aunt Petunia says as I walk in giving them all eggs.

Aunt Petunia treats Dudley with such care and so loving. I wish I had someone to treat me like that. I sit down next to Harry and began to eat the left over food there isn't much left for me and Harry so we take turns one day Harry will get more food and the next I will get more. I pick at my eggs I don't really have much of an appetite today.

"Give that to me!" Dudley yells grabbing my plate.

"You can't do that she needs to eat too!" Harry yells standing up.

I grab Harry's arm pulling him back down, "its fine I wasn't hungry anyways."

Aunt Petunia scuffs as she continues to eat her food. I fiddle with my hands while I wait for everyone else to finish eating.

"Now hurry up and get going you two we're going to the zoo for Dudley's birthday and I want you both on your best behavior." We nod our heads before running to our rooms to get ready for the day. I stare at myself in the mirror. I have a very thin figure my clothes are usually pretty baggy because Uncle Vernon doesn't want anyone to know he's practically starving me and Harry. I have green eyes just like Harry. Unlike harry I have vibrant red hair. My hair is pretty long Aunt Petunia cuts my hair so she doesn't take much time just cuts it enough to keep in healthy. I braid my hair quickly and rush back downstairs. I overhear Uncle Vernon talking to Harry.

"You best control your crazy sister Harry I don't want anything going wrong today," he says.

"Everything will be fine," Harry says through clenched teeth.