3- Magic

A.N. Before you read this chapter I just wanted to let you know there is going to be a lot of things that are different from the books. Thanks!

-

Lilah

Aunt Petunia hasn't spoken to me in 3 days I don't know why she got so mad all I did was talk to someone who knew my mother. I was cleaning up for breakfast when Harry came back with the mail.

"Lilah we have mail!" He said passing me a letter.

Me and Harry never get mail I look at the letter and realize its the same as the one Snape gave me at the zoo. Harry drop the rest of the mail on the table as he opens his letter I do the same.

"Dear Harry Potter, we are pleased to inform you that you will be attending Hogwarts school for Witchcraft and wizardry," Harry reads aloud, "Whats Hogwarts?"

"Its a school Snape told me about it he knew Mum and Dad," I say excited, "he gave me a letter but Aunt Petunia tore it up he must've sent another."

Dudley runs into the kitchen and looks at me and Harry, "what do you think you're doing?"

"We got letters from Hogwarts," I say with a smile.

"Mum! Dad! Lilah is talking crazy again!" Dudley yells running back upstairs.

I exchange a look with Harry, "hide them," Harry whispers.

We stuff them in a drawer as Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon come rushing down.

"What did you do," Uncle Vernon says pushing me against a wall.

"Nothing I didn't do anything," I say closing my eyes.

"Leave her alone!" Harry yells.

Uncle Vernon backs away from me, "Harry don't you talk to me that way!"

"Here they are Father here's the letters they had," Dudley says waving the letters in the air proudly.

"NO!" Harry yells grabbing at the letters, "those are ours we're going to Hogwarts."

Aunt Petunia's face turns red, "No one shall utter the name of that bloody school again!"

I look down trying my best to keep the tears from falling down. Uncle Vernon goes to the fire and throws our letters in.

"Well that's that," he says, "now you heard your aunt there will be no more mention of that freak school ever again."

I run up to my room and start to cry. I don't want to stay here anymore I can't stay here anymore. I pull my knees into my chest and let it all out. Everything I've been holding in. The Dursley's abuse me and Harry there's no sugar coding it and I can't stand it any more. They take every shred of hope and destroy it. I pull up my sleeve of my shirt and trace the intricate mark on my arm. What is it? Snape never told me what it was just that everyone knew I had it. But why what's so special about this mark on my arm? Whats so special about me? I hear a tapping on the window I turn and see an owl perched on my window sill holding a letter. I open the window and the owl drops the letter in my hand. It's another letter from Hogwarts.

"Thank you," I say with a smile.

The owl flies away and I open the letter and hold it close to my body. I'm going to go to Hogwarts.

-

"I'm sick of these letters we're going on Holiday!" Uncle Vernon has gone crazy with all the owls and letters coming to our house.

I pack a small bag to go to wherever it is we're going. I just know we're going far away and tomorrow is me and Harry's birthday. But to the Dursley's tomorrow will just be like any other day. I've been saving up money to get Harry a birthday gift so I made sure to pack him. I bought him a new pair of shoes and some clothes. It isn't much but Harry has been wearing Dudleys old raggedy shoes and clothes for too long and I was sick of seeing him like that. I also got a mixtape with some of Harry's favorite songs. I pick up my small bag and make my way to the car. As soon as everyone is in Uncle Vernon speeds out of the driveway. I don't think he's ever been more frantic to get anywhere. I fall asleep in the car my head resting against the window.