hatred

sunday, 8 february
3:45pm

you walked up to the place where you, akaashi and oikawa had planned to meet up, pulling your phone out and opening instagram to avoid any eye contact. you had initially hoped that it would be you and akaashi alone together, but the more the merrier, right? you looked up again, briefly scanning your surroundings, looking for the brunette.

"yahoo! l/n~" oikawa cooed, a spiky-haired boy in tow. "finally nice to meet you, i've heard a lot" he bowed, smiling at you.

you smiled and bowed back.

'why are all these boys so fit?'

"nice to meet you too! d'you kno-" he spoke over you, like everyone else you were friends with.

"where akaashi is? oh he's with another girl, he just cancelled," he pouted, "sorry l/n, but don't you think me and iwa here would be better to hang out with? we can eat and stuff! you don't need that akaashi boy!!"

your heart sank. another girl? who? his girlfriend? in the group, he seemed available. was he just playing you?

"sure!" you grimaced and oikawa held out his arm, linking his with your own. you looked over at the other boy, "nice to meet you too, iwa..?"

"iwaizumi," he laughed, "likewise, l/n."

the three of you walked through the city, oikawa teasing iwaizumi on the way to the cafe that you had booked a table for. it was a small establishment, but a very nice one. the windows were floor to ceiling, and the music played calmed your nerves just enough. after sitting down, you analysed the plants dancing around the walls of the cafe, the faint smell of sugar escaping from the kitchen, and the chatter of other customers filling the air. it was weird without keiji, which was a weird thought in itself, somehow not hearing his monotonous voice sent your mind racing (in the bad way).

you were still deep in your people watching, until oikawa pulled you from your trance, "l/n? how's you and akaashi? do you like him?" oikawa spoke up from nowhere.

"no, i just think he's fun to hang out with.." you pursed your lips, tilting your head, "why do you ask?"

"oh, nothing really, just curiosity." he grabbed his phone from his pocket. "although, you two do have matching bios on instagram..."

"o-oh it's just what friends do, right?" you knew it wasn't, it was that line from that one song.

(next chap for insta updates)

"seems romantic, don't ya think?" he looked down at your panicked face. "it's fine if you like him, but don't be let down if he misses out on the bad bitch that you are.."

you looked down at the floor.

'he likes me? if he doesn't.. what then? am i a joke to him? he cancelled on us to be with another girl..'

"are you and iwaizumi.. a.. thing?" you questioned, watching oikawa's facial expression go from blank to all pink and flustered.

"i wish.. he doesn't realise how amaz-" the spiky-haired boy chopped oikawa's back lightly.

"dumbass, we've been dating for a year!!" he snapped, making oikawa laugh.