𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER NINETEEN:WE NEED TO GO

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
WE NEED TO GO

FALLON SAT THERE IN THE dingy hotel, her lips pursed as she glanced up at the slowly molding ceiling. They had been on the run for what felt like decades. She, Natasha, Steve, and Sam all staying together whilst Wanda and Vision went off to Scotland, promising to stay in touch and stay out of trouble. Fallon had become much closer with the three, and she'd have to admit that she liked the feeling. The feeling of being wanted, of being welcomed. She wasn't used to that feeling. She had been tortured the entirety of her life, so when a gentle hand had been held out to her she had been hesitant to take it. But she was glad she did.

She had Natasha had quickly become acquainted after what happened between Tony and Steve. The two assassins would often spar with another, keeping it light and fun, but would sometimes get too serious. But Fallon liked to believe that that was the fun of it. She had never sparred with someone without the intention of brutally beating them, so, when Natasha gave her a light and fluffy version of sparring, Fallon was all for it. And quite frankly, she enjoyed it a lot more than she probably should've.

Sam Wilson enjoyed joking with the girl. The two held a sarcastic relationship with one another. Every time they saw each other who had a conversation, it wasn't without a few sarcastic comebacks and fake annoyance. She had enjoyed the presence of the man when she had first met him, but now that they had actually become friends, she seemed to have liked his presence even more. He always managed to bring a smile to her face even in the toughest situations, and she was lucky to have that, and wouldn't give it up for the world.

Steve Rogers was still weary of everything going on. He was on constants look out. His hair had grown out and he now obtained a beard, but if Fallon was being honest, she thought he looked much better that way than what he had going on before. He was the only Fallon would have serious conversations with, and most of them somehow managed to bring up the topic of Bucky Barnes.

Fallon had finally admitted it to herself that she missed him. He had helped her, and she had helped him. Before he was ever forced into being The Winter Soldier, Fallon could tell what kind of person he had been. And she wished that she could've met him before. Fallon had admitted to Steve that she felt something for his best friend, and the surprise that had fell across her face when he simply responded with "I know" was something that had made the man laugh out loud at. It wasn't love. Or at least, Fallon liked to believe it wasn't. Then again the assassin had never been in love before so she would have no clue what it would feel like.

But every time that Bucky would even be mentioned, she felt her stomach fill with butterflies. It almost made her sick. She didn't like feeling all lovey dovey over a person, so the best thing she could do was push it aside and quickly change the conversation. She was still getting used to all those feelings. She was still getting surprised every time her heart rate would pick up as she thought about Bucky and how he had saved her from herself, just like she had saved him.

A knock fell on the door, forcing Fallon to snap out of her thoughts. She sat up, forcing herself from the bed and looking through the peep hole before pulling the door open. She noticed the look on Natasha's face, making Fallon furrow her eyebrows. "Natasha, is everything alright?"

"Have you watched the news, lately?" Natasha asked, quickly pulling herself inside of the room as Fallon closed the door behind her. Fallon shook her head.

"No, I haven't. Is everything alright?"

"Far from it." Natasha breathed, turning on the news only to display the catastrophe that was happening in New York. Fallon stood there, crossing her arms over her chest as she watched the television, pursing her lips at the donut shaped spaceship that was hovering in the air.

"What the hell?" Fallon mumbled. "What is that?"

"We don't know." Natasha sighed. "Steve said he got a call. We need to go."

"Have we heard from Wanda and Vision?" Fallon questioned.

"Not in a while." Natasha sighed. "We have to go get them. There's trouble coming, something I fear we aren't ready for."

"The Avengers are always ready for trouble. And then there's me, who usually causes said trouble." Fallon shrugged her shoulders, making Natasha glance towards her. The now blonde haired assassin pursed her lips as she looked at Fallon.

"Even though we're not all together anymore. . . if we were, you would be one too, you know?"

Fallon lightly chuckled, shaking her head. "No. I've done too much wrong in the world to be one of the good guys."

"You know, I thought the same thing when they wanted to recruit me." Natasha answered, nodding her head slightly. "I had red in my ledger, trying to get it out for my own purposes, while they were making me feel like I was doing something good for once. People like us, it's rare that we get the good side of the story. That we change from ruthless killers, to not so ruthless attackers. It's still imprinted in our heads what we were taught, we just manage to transform those teachings into better things, morphing it to be a good thing instead of a bad one."

"I guess we got lucky then, didn't we." Fallon whispered, nodding her head.

"I guess we did." Natasha gently smiled. "Come on. Get your stuff. We're leaving in five." Fallon nodded her head in the woman before watching as Natasha left the room. Fallon stood there for a moment before a soft sigh fell from her lips, the smallest of smiles forming on her face.

 Fallon stood there for a moment before a soft sigh fell from her lips, the smallest of smiles forming on her face