𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER TWENTY:THEORIES

CHAPTER TWENTY:
THEORIES

THEY MADE IT TO SCOTTLAND, and they were quick to track down Wanda and Vision, only when they found them, the two were being attacked. Wanda stood there, staring at the two aliens, the red chaos magic forming in her hands as she tried to protect Vision who was lying on the ground, holding a hand to his side wound from where he had been stabbed. A train rode by from behind Wanda, making the woman turn around with furrowed eyebrows whilst the female alien cocked her head slightly.

The shadow of Steve Rogers appeared, standing there patiently before Proxima―︎the female alien―︎threw her weapon at him with a grunt. Steve was quick to catch it, taking a step forward so that his body was no longer covered in shadows. That's when Sam appeared, quick to kick the female alien across the room and through the glass of a restaurant that was within the station. Sam then sent explosives towards the male, whose name was Corvus, making the alien quickly hit them away from him. That's when Natasha appeared, Steve quick to throw the alien weapon towards her and Natasha quick to catch it.

When Fallon came running up, Natasha was quick to toss the weapon towards her. Fallon caught it, sliding underneath the alien's hit as she took the weapon and stabbed it into his torso, twisting it and smirking in satisfaction at his pained cry before she kicked him away. That's when the weapon was ripped from her hands, making the two assassins turn to watch as Proxima came jumping at Fallon. Steve was quick to intervene, grabbing the other aliens weapon to keep Proxima from stabbing Fallon. The three quickly fought the woman, watching as she twisted between the trio until Sam came in and was quick to knock her down to the ground beside the other.

The alien crawls over to Corvus, looking down at him as he held a hand over the wound that Fallon had inflicted upon him. They all kept their weapons pointed at the two, daring them to do something else.

     "Get up." The blue haired woman spoke.

     Corvus shook his head. "I can't."

     "We don't want to kill you, but we will." Natasha told them.

     "You'll never get the chance again." Proxima snarled before pressing a button and the two were immediately covered in a light, allowing them to be beamed up to their spaceship. The alien weapon that Steve had been holding ripped from his hands, going up with the two aliens. When the light disappeared and the ship was gown, the four were quick to turn their attention back over to Wanda and Vision.

     "Can you stand?" Sam asked looking down at Vision. Vision shook his head and immediately Sam bent down to help him stand, Wanda on the other side of vision.

     "Thank you, Captain." Vision spoke and Steve nodded.

     "Let's get you to the jet."

     When they got to the jet, Natasha was quick to reprimand the duo, narrowing her eyes as she watched the door of the jet close. "I thought we had a deal. Stay close. Check in. Don't take any chances."

     "We just wanted time." Wanda told the woman, a frown falling on her features as she could practically feel the disappointment radiating from Natasha.

     Fallon softly sighed. "It seems that our time is starting to run out."

     "What are you saying?" Steve asked, looking towards the redhead.

     "Theories." Fallon answered. "I have a theory of what's happening. Where I was trained, they knew of all of the creatures that lived within the universe, including that of a Mad Titan that was told to have slaughtered the entirety of his world." Fallon looked between the four, her arms crossed over her chest. "I may not be an Avenger, but Steve, we need to go back. I fear that a grave danger is coming, and we'll need all hands on deck."

     "You are an Avenger. We talked about this." Natasha told her. "Even if all of us aren't exactly together in the same place, we're still the Avengers, and you can believe that you're one of them. You've helped us too much not to be one." She glanced towards Steve who gave the simple nod of his head, agreeing with the words that Natasha had spoken. A gentle smile fell on Fallon's lips as she turned her attention towards Wanda.

     "We aren't upset with you." Fallon told the girl. "We just don't like the fact that you didn't keep your end of the bargain. And we assassins don't like it very much when a deal doesn't go as planned." Wanda offered her a thankful smile and Fallon gave her a nod of reassurance before making her way to the front of the jet, taking a stand beside of Steve. "Who do you think will be there?"

     "Rhodey." Steve answered for sure. "I would say Stark, but I don't know what he's been up to these days." Fallon placed a hand on his shoulder.

     "I guess there's only one way to find out, isn't there?" Fallon questioned.

     "Where to, Cap?" Sam asked, turning away from the steering in order to look at the man. Steve stood there for a minute in silence before finally answering the man with a firm nod of his head.

     "Home."