𝐓𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN:BLAME

CHAPTER TEN:
BLAME

THE TWO WERE OUT GETTING more food, seeing as Fallon had ate most of it on their little adventure. They made sure to keep themselves under low profile as they were in the city. It was when they had looked up, a man looking at Bucky and then widening his eyes before running away. The two exchanged looks before walking up to his stand only to find a newspaper laying there with a picture that looked like Bucky. Fallon read the headline and her eyes widened slightly.

"Holy shit." She breathed.

"You need to leave." Bucky muttered as the two started to leave the city. Fallon looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Leave? What do you mean? I'm not going anywhere." Fallon protested.

"Fallon, if they suspect I did that, and they see you with me, they'll think you helped." Bucky tried. Fallon shook her head, she wouldn't let this happen to him.

"But you didn't do it, Bucky. I have been with you this entire time. There's no way you could have done it, unless you have the power to multiply yourself." Fallon shot back. Bucky looked at the redhead with an exasperated sigh.

"They will interrogate you, you'll be arrested if you're even seen with me." Bucky muttered.

"Well then let them fucking arrest me." Fallon snapped. Bucky turned to face the girl and she looked up at him, her eyes meeting his. "I'm starting to get my shit back together, and you're helping with that. I'm not just going to throw you under the bus and let those assholes take you. Especially when you didn't do what they're claiming you did."

"Fallon-"

"James, there is nothing you can say that is going to make me leave." She was stern as she spoke her words. This wasn't Fallon, she didn't do this with anyone. But maybe this was what it was like to get your humanity back. She would be lying if she didn't say she was angry about the fact that Bucky got blamed for something he didn't do, especially when he was with her. If he hadn't been with her, she would've assumed he actually had. But he was with her, and she wasn't going to allow him to fall for this. It was when they entered the apartment that they saw Steve standing there. Upon feeling their presence, he turned around and looked at the two. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at Fallon before he looked at Bucky again.

"Do you know me?" Steve asked.

Bucky gave him a blank look before he remembered. "You're Steve. I read about you in a museum."

"I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." Steve says, taking a step closer. Bucky shifts, slightly standing in front of Fallon.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore."

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive." Steve told him.