𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:ESCAPE

CHAPTER TWELVE:
ESCAPE

THE GROUP ALL EXCHANGED LOOKS before Sharon looked at them, quickly saying, "Sub-level 5, East wing." The trio quickly took off, running in the direction. They entered, stopping when they saw all of the bodies laying on the ground. Steve knelt down, feeling the pulse of one of the men before they heard someone say, "Help me."

They looked at the doctor that was laying in the floor, and Fallon watched as Steve's jaw clenched before he went up to the man. "Get up," Steve sternly said, picking the man up by his jacket. He slammed the man against the wall, his jacket still placed in Steve's fists. "Who are you? What do you want?"

"To see an empire fall." The man answered, and that's when Bucky appeared. He threw Fallon into the wall before she could even turn to attack him, almost as if he knew she would be able to beat him if she were given the chance. She let out a groan as Sam took on Bucky before being thrown into the cell that Bucky had been previously held in. Fallon stood back up, running at the soldier and swiftly ducking under his fist. She grabbed his arm, kneeing him hard in the stomach before twisting his arm whilst kicking him backwards. He snarled at the girl and she narrowed her eyes in response. Steve soon joined in the fight, and the three went at it.

They fought, Fallon dodging his attacks as he continued to kick Steve backwards. He managed to kick Steve farther away that when he fell, he went flying down an elevator shaft. Fallons eyes widened before she turned to Bucky, and he leapt for her. She put up her arm, blocking his movements as he continued to try and punch her. She moved out the way just as his metal arm swung by causing his fist to slam into the wall beside her head.

"Bucky, I don't want to hurt you." Fallon told him. "But I will."

The man glared at her and she nodded before putting her fists back up and sending punches and kicks towards him. The man finally managed to get his metal hand around her throat, holding her up against the wall. She struggled in his grasp, kicking and kicking until she saw black dots form in her vision. Her eyes rolled to the back off her head and Bucky quickly threw her to the ground before running away.

Fallon laid there unconscious, and when Steve made his way out of the elevator, he looked at the girl and ran over to her to make sure she was still alive. He knew that the woman could take care of herself, so he stood up and quickly ran out of the building and after Bucky. Fallon didn't come back for another minute, and when she did she let out a groan, a hand going up to her throat. She knew that bruises were going to form, and she was positive that Bucky could have broken her trachea if he really wanted to, but when Fallon had been fighting him, she saw that look of familiarity in his eyes. It only lasted for a split second before HYDRA took over again, but it was a second long enough for him to decide not to kill her.

Sam came running back into the room, rushing over to the redhead. She opened her mouth to speak but found that nothing couldn't come out. "I would leave you here, if I knew Steve wouldn't kill me."

Fallon managed to smirk and this before allowing Sam to pull her up. He looked at the woman who nodded her head before they quickly escaped the government building without being seen thanks to Fallon being an assassin and knowing how to get in and out of places. They found Steve in an abandoned building with Bucky, only the man was unconscious and his arm was placed under a rock.

Steve looked at the two as they entered, his eyes falling onto Fallon's neck when he saw the bruises start to form. "Are you okay?"

Fallon offered him a nod of the head and a small smile in thanks, trying to show him that she appreciated the fact that he cared. Fallon sat in the chair that was on the other side of the room, drinking the water that Steve had managed to find. She made sure that there wasn't anything skeptical in the water before drinking it, the liquid helping her throat. A hand subconsciously came to her neck, knowing that her voice was going to be hoarse for the next few hours.

Sam stood there, watching Bucky before glancing over to the girl who was also watching the man from the other side of the room. He let out a sigh before speaking. "You care about him, don't you?" Fallon paused in drinking her water, her eyes moving to look at Sam. She slowly moved the water bottle from her lips as she silently looked at him. Sam took that as his answer, nodding his head slightly. "It's cute." Fallon rolled her eyes at this and he smiled in amusement. "I like this one sided conversation."

Fallon managed to get a scoff out, though she couldn't help the fact that her lip pulled up in slight amusement. It was when they heard Bucky let out a groan that the amusement fell from the room, and Sam and Fallon exchanged weary looks before calling Steve into the room.

 It was when they heard Bucky let out a groan that the amusement fell from the room, and Sam and Fallon exchanged weary looks before calling Steve into the room