Chapter 3

‘No, no, no, Matthew. Is okay. I-I I prefer to talk to you.’ I say with a nervous tone, feeling my hands sweating. After clearing softly my throat, I keep talking. ‘When do you think you can come here? Or if you want me to go anywhere, just tell me.’

‘I’ve got some free time this Thursday at noon, is it okay for you to meet at 12pm in front of the Grand Theatre?’

‘Yeah of course. And I’m sorry for all of this. I will try to do it by myself soon…I just need more time.’

‘Don’t worry Karlie, it is okay. It isn’t a problem for me and you know that.’

Most of the time I felt bad for Matthew, he has to spend some of his free time doing the stuff we should do, just because we aren’t mature enough –and Ed and I are around 30- to confront each other and speak.  However, he has never told me ‘no’ or ‘do it by yourself’ and he has been always there. Matthew works as a director of classical musical and performs at least two times per month, which means he has time for our silly things.

-

It is 9pm when I tell Acker to go to sleep, although he wanted to stay awake longer but I know he is tired. After having lunch with Imogen and John, we went all together for a walk, so Acker has been running, jumping and also playing football with his grandpa. My son, in his Batman onesie, is trying to choose a book for me to read it and after few minutes he gives me the book ‘Dragons Love Tacos’.

‘With daddy we didn’t need books’ he says unconsciously and then gets into bed, waiting for me to start reading. He takes my left hand and I place the book on my lap to turn the page with the other hand.

Acker falls asleep in about ten minutes, I turn the lights off and get into my bed to try to sleep. But like always, I’ve got like hundreds of questions. ‘What is he doing right now?”  “Would he feel the bed as empty as I feel it?”  “Should I talk to him again?”. In my attempts of trying to sleep I remember what my son said ‘With daddy we didn’t need books’.

***

By the time I finished to put all the dishes on the dishwasher, I went to Acker’s room and stuck my head in the room to see Ed, who was wearing an old black T-Shirt, sitting next to Acker. His little finger was pointing Ed’s left arm, completely covered with random tattoos, and he had to make up a story with the tattoos that Acker was pointing, till he fell asleep. It was so funny to see Ed trying to tell a different story every night. Sometimes when I came in, they were both asleep and I always had to wake Ed up.

‘Ed…wake up, love’ I used to whisper in his ear, while gently tapping on his shoulder. He alwaysgrumbled as a response after that. ‘Ed, I am naked right now…and…’ I teased him, whispering again in his ear while my hand travelled down to his crotch. One second later he opened his eyes to see me, of course in my pyjama and smiling.

‘Such a naughty girl you are’ and slapped me on my ass before standing up and go together to our room. ‘I hate when you do that’ this time it was him who whispered in my ear, putting his arm around my waist, with his chest against my back and pressing his erection against my butt, walking towards our room.

***

_____________

Hi! It would be fine if you vote and comment what do you think. Suggestions and advice are always welcomed <3 hope you had enjoyed this short chapter

Marie