Capítulo 17

Just as I'm finished with work, with an audible sigh I walk towards the lift, which takes me to the seventh floor, where Ed's room is. I take a quick look to see the woman reflected in the mirror. I haven't even cared about how I look. Messy hair and visibly tired.

I stop in front of his door a few minutes before I knock on it just two times. When Ed opens the door I find him with a warm smile and shirtless, his pale chest contrasts with his colourful tattoos. He invites me to get into the room and sit on the bed. We both lapse into a sullen silence for a few minutes, till I decide to break it.

'How has been the conference?'

'What?' I don't think he was expecting that question.

'The conference. The one you've been to in this-'

'Ah, yes...It's been fine I guess.' Ed interrupts me and then comes again the silence. I stand up and start walking towards the door. 'Why are you going?'

'Because you don't say anything and this is starting to be awkward even more.'

'I'm trying to order the words in my head just to not fuck it up again.' I look down at him and he takes my hand but this time I don't do anything against it. 'Please stay.'

'I'd like to thank you for what you've done with my mates and...I would also like...to propose you something.'

'What is it?' I say while I sit down again in that uncomfortable bed.

'To start it all again.'

My first reaction is to sigh and then after thinking my answer I say: 'I...I don't know if this is going to work out again...and as I've told you before I don't want to get hurt again.'

'Please, let's try it. Just by being friends now.'

'I'm so confused right now Ed, plus I don't know if...'

'I can help you to clear up all that mess...' he gets closer to me, I can feel his breath against my lips and my first reaction is to get away.

'I...I-'

'Please.' He says while brushing his lips against mine.

I close my eyes and get carried away, letting him kissing me. God, I've missed this. It is a slow kiss because we both want to enjoy every second. I can hear Ed gasping and getting closer to me. His hands are grabbing my waist firmly.

'No...' I whisper against his lips, shaking my head. 'This just complicates things even more. We are supposed just to be friends and I don't even know if this is going to work out.'

'I'm sorry Karlie. If we don't try we won't know...No more kisses nor anything that makes you uncomfortable. I promise.'

'These all promises are empty if you don't know how to keep them.'