Chapter 20 (fixed!)

It's 7 in the morning when I wake up. I've barely slept thinking about the wedding. Finally, today is the day. I'm going to help Candice with her preparation and all that stuff. I take my dress and Acker's suit and place it carefully in a suitcase to bring it with us. I down my coffee and place a small donut on a bag to eat it while we're on our way to Candice's. Since it's this early in the morning I pick up Acker trying not to wake him up. Before starting the car I check that my son is still asleep and start driving towards Candice's home.

Her brother and auntie are the only ones who are already there when I get to her place. I let Acker to keep sleeping on Candice and Matthew's bed and go to help Candice's to do her nails while she's getting her hair done.

'You're going to look stunning. I can't express how proud of you I am.'

'Thank you, my friend. You know, I've dreamt of them. They were coming to the wedding...and...' And tears start running down her face.

'Oh, Candice...don't cry... please. They are watching you from above, they are always by your side. They are here.' I take my hand and place it on her chest. Candice's parents died when she was 17 years old, both at the same time in a car accident.

'Sis, I don't want you to cry in the best day of your life. The only tears I want to see are from happiness.' He kisses her forehead and strokes her shoulders.

'Aren't you looking forward for your brother to fall while he walks with you to the altar? He is so clumsy.' I say causing the two of them to laugh.

While the makeup artist is doing her makeup, the hairdresser starts doing my hair in a kind of casual bun but works perfect for weddings. Then it's the time to help Candice with the wedding's dress which takes us at least 15 minutes.

'I was right. You look completely stunning. I can't wait to see Mathew's face when he sees you.'

'I hope he doesn't regret this and leaves me standing at the altar.'

'Stop saying bullshit. I've already talked to Imogen. In a few minutes they are going to leave to the church. While you're taking pictures I'm going to dress myself and the little monster. If you need something, I'm at your bedroom.'

'Will you come behind us? Or is Ed going to pick you up?'

'I'll go behind you guys. Ed offered himself but I prefer to go on my own.'

Acker is definitely like his father. He hates suits. He keeps saying he wants to wear jeans. I try to tuck the shirt in his trousers but it's impossible, two minutes later he leaves the shirt hanging out of them. And of course he wants his hair in a dishevelled way, like dad's he has said.

I've chosen a purple dress with a discreet neckline but highlighting the best parts of me. By the time we are both finally ready, Candice and her family already have left to take pictures outside and then go to the church.

I start to panic when my car doesn't start. Damn, fucking damn. I hate this car. I try it at least 15 times and then decide to grab a taxi. My phone vibrates.

Ed: Where are the two of you?

Karlie: In a taxi. Keep calm, we're almost there.

When I get out of the taxi, I see Candice who's still in the car waiting for a couple of minutes to be the right time. Almost everyone is already in the church. I try to walk as fast as possible and get in time where Ed is. When he sees us a big smile appears on his face. I give a short hug to John and stand with him, since Imogen is next to Matthew and Ed is with the other best men.

Watching Matthew's face when he just sees Candice, makes my eyes tear up. Even at the end of the ceremony there's some tears running down my face. Thanks God Acker has been a good kid and has been calmed all the time.

As soon as he can, Ed comes to us and gives me a warm hug, whispering in my ear.

'I hate you.'

'Why? For being almost late?' I ask him while we are still hugged.

' No. Because of your dress. I don't know if I'm going to stand the struggle of watching you and desiring you and knowing I can't fuck you.' He says this last sentence getting me closer to him, making a shiver running down my spine.

'You better don't even try. Fucking pervert.' I say joking and then we go to the car with John and Imogen to drive towards where the banquet is. Such an awkward moment. In the car, we share quick glances and smiles under the eyes of his parents.

Acker won't leave his father not even a minute, he's always holding his hand. Watching my best friend being so happy makes me the happiest woman in the world right now. The place where we're having the banquet is so beautiful, every single detail of it is perfect.

The music starts playing and Matthew and Candice share their first ball together. After it a few couples join them to dance. 'Unconditionally' by Katy Perry starts playing and suddenly Ed takes my hand.

'You know, this is our song. Shall I have this dance Mrs. Shee- Lawson?' I bit my lip before nodding with my head and we both go to the dance floor. I place my arms around his neck and he does the same with his but on my waist. We move very slowly while the song keeps playing.

'Unconditional, unconditionally, I will love you unconditionally.' I say what the song says whispering almost against his lips, staring at his eyes.

I close my eyes and enjoy the moment while Ed starts whispering in my ear verses of the song. He gets closer to me and we keep dancing till the song comes to the end.

'Acker, can you stay little bit with granny? Mummy and I need to talk about something.' He says while Imogen nods with a bright smile.

'Take your time guys.'

Ed takes my hand and we go to a peaceful place, near the restaurant, where there are little gardens.

'Is it true what you've told me while we were dancing?' he asks me sitting after that on a garden bench.

'Yes. No matter how much I try to deny it.'

'What happened with Christie...I don't know how to explain it although I've been thinking of it every single time I've seen you. I need to explain you everything. I wasn't in love with Christie or whatsoever, she was just the nanny of Acker and...your friend.'

'I don't know If I want you to explain me everything.'

'I need to. I owe it to you. You deserve an explanation...' and he keeps talking about it. ' What I mean...is that I didn't have any feelings for her. To be completely honest with you, I think it was just situation... and I know I completely fuck it up because it didn't happened just once but three. But I can guarantee you there's nothing else in this world that hurts more than loosing you, knowing that I've hurt you...you can't imagine how many times I've pray to try to get back and do things in the right way...'

I can't help it but rush and kiss him. I've been wanting this since the last time he has done that. I needed to feel his lips against mine. The gasp that comes from his it's so deep it makes me desire him even more. His hands are firmly surrounding my waist, going down to my ass and squeezing it. I can feel his beard stroking the corners of my mouth and my chin. My hands are grabbing his T-shirt so firmly to get him as close as possible. I end up biting his lower lip and as soon as we've catch some fresh air, he kisses me again and this time I react by placing myself astride Ed. I can feel his boner getting harder and harder.

'I...desire you...that much...that hurts.' I say with difficulty trying to control my breath, moving my hips in such coordinated movements that it makes myself driving crazy and he hasn't even touched me.

'Then...I think we need...to work on that.' He says before he places quick kisses on my lips and neck.

___________________________

Thank you so much for let me know there was a problem with this chapter! But now it's fixed. I've been wanting to write this chapter since the beginning of the fanfic!  

Comment and vote <3 

Marie