The Commute

This was requested by biggiant  The credit belongs to her! Hope y'all enjoy the story!

The city of Dresia was split in two parts. One half was for tiny's and the other was for giants and titans. Giants were just like tiny's only bigger. Titians were as big as giants but much more dangerous. They had powers beyond imagination, they could size-shift, use mind control, were almost indestructible, were able to collect the energy from around them and use it to destroy anyone or anything. Of course there were rules to prevent chaos and destruction, as well as to keep both sides of the city safe. That is why there is a wall through the city, taller than the giant and titans, separating the the giant race and the tiny race. But will it always be like this?

Our story starts with Trista, a tiny cab driver, who is utterly terrified of giants, and even more so of Titans.

Trista pulled on a pair of ripped jeans and a black t-shirt with a V neck. Then she twisted her blue hair into a messy bun and applied some makeup. She paused to look in the mirror, she frowned, she hated being short, standing about 5'3. She  shrugged, there was nothing to be done about that, then she grabbed her jacket and put one arm in while snatching her purse off the coat hook. Holding the purse strap in her mouth she managed to get her other arm in her jacket. Stumbling out of her apartment she locked the door behind her and went to her hideous looking cab. "Uhg, I hate yellow." She muttered as she got in and shut the door behind her. "Ok, first thing first is breathe." She took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. Today was gonna be great.

It wasn't.

It was a war zone. Honking and swerving, slamming on the brakes and flipping people off. She yelled as she jerked over to the left lane to avoid getting hit by an idiot. Then she rolled down her window and flipped the driver off.

Once she got through that part of town she drove into a quiet area that was close to the wall. It was always here that she came to pick up this guy. He had been having her get him for about a week now. But she didn't really know much about him, only that he always wanted to be picked up at the same time, same place, every day. So every day she would get him, drive him to this office building and drop him off. Then later in the evening she would pick him up outside the office. Only the pickup times were never the same, one day it was 5:00 the next it was 7:00 and then one day it was 10:00. She never knew when he would message her on the cab messaging center, but she was always ready. She didn't even know his name, but she didn't really know anyones name that she drove. She might hear a name sometimes, but five minutes later she didn't remember it. The strangest part is when she dropped him off he would walk along the wall and seemingly walk to nowhere.

She came to a stop at the pickup spot, and there he was, leaning against the wall waiting on her. He was tall, probably around 6'6 or 6'7,  black hair that was just long enough to hang slightly in his pale grey-blue eyes. His skin was slightly tanned and he smiled when he saw her. "I thought you forgot about me." He chuckled as he got in the backseat.

She almost gasped, he had spoken. He hadn't spoken at all to her. Only messaged.

She rolled her eyes in the rearview mirror, "No, I just had to fight traffic to get here." She let off the brakes and began driving to the office building.

"Oh, that had to be fun."

She laughed, "Yes, I gave a few people a present, I don't know if they liked it or not."

It was his turn to roll his eyes, "Just how many people did you flip off?"

"I lost count after fifteen."

He laughed, "Well I'm guessing you fight this battle every day then?"

She looked in the mirror, this was strange. He was talking to her, having a conversation with her. Usually he was silent.