chapter 7 - beach day

[SORRY THIS IS KIND OF A LONG CHAPTER THERE WAS JUST SO MUCH FOR THIS DAY]

All the thoughts came back. I went back upstairs locking my door behind me too tired to change into comfy clothes.

-

I woke up still in my outfit from last night. I woke up from a text from my phone. It was Clay. He said he wasn't busy today and that he wanted to hang. I told him I was down and he asked what I wanted to do. I thought about it for a bit and asked him if he wanted to go out for the day. Visit some shops, go to the beach, and have a picnic for dinner. He thought it was a great idea and he said he will be ready in an hour or so. That text gave me no time so I had to get ready fast.

I put on a lilac purple bikini that my mom thought matched my skin tone great. I couldn't decide whether to put on an oversized t-shirt or a sundress. I finally decided on my white short flowy sundress that had designs on it and spaghetti straps. I wore my new sandals that I got and my favorite pair of sunglasses. I grabbed a towel and then headed downstairs to pack for our picnic.

I told my mom that Clay and I were going to the beach and I wouldn't be home till later. I grabbed my picnic blanket that matched the inside of the picnic basket and was about to head out. I got all the food I felt we needed including my water bottle some sparkling cider and ice packs because it was hot outside. I grabbed an extra towel just in case.

I started the car from the house once again giving one final check to make sure I didn't forget anything. Then it hit me that I forgot makeup.

I put on a soft pink lipstick that doesn't pigment your lips but makes them smell good. I also put on clear mascara and grabbed my butterfly necklace. I didn't bring my charm bracelet because I didn't wanna risk losing the charms.

I opened the garage and pulled my car out into the street. Clay was just walking outside of his house when I came by. He put his stuff in the back and then he got into the passenger seat. Then we were on our way.

My car automatically played my sad playlist and I switched it real fast. I played my summertime playlist since we were going to the beach. Since we were near Orlando it was going to take us over an hour to get there so we talked as the music played.

What Lovers Do - Maroon 5

We dance in our seats singing. I waited to talk to him till after the song finished. We rolled down the windows and we both put on our sunglasses. We were so excited.

"How was your birthday?" I asked him

"It was good. My mom surprised me with my best friends George and Nick but he goes by Sapnap. It was really cool to meet them in real life."

I've heard those names before I thought to myself. Those were his Minecraft friends. The people he would stream with.

We kept talking about his birthday until he started asking about mine.

"Your birthdays coming up in a few months I just realized. Big 21. What are you going to do? Are you gonna go out?" He asked

"Well, I planned to either take a week trip to Alaska or just go on a trip somewhere with friends or just stay at home and have a small little party either at my house or on the beach."

"Why the hell would you go to Alaska." He said sounding like I sounded stupid for what I said.

"Everyone questions it but truthfully I wanna go there so bad. Just for a week. It sounds weird, yes but I want to go because there the sun never sets." I said.

He finally understood why I wanted to go so bad.

~

Her music taste was actually pretty good. For the songs, I didn't know those were also good. She told me about her birthday and how she wanted to go to Alaska. I was so confused as to why the hell she would wanna go there but she explained it to me. Then I got an idea. I am not forgetting what happened last night and I don't think she won't either. We almost kissed. There must be something. She must like me. But it's too early to make a move. Today I am going to have her all to myself alone and I can see if I really want this.