~ 8 ~

WHEN THE PRINCE FINALLY awoke, he was surrounded by everyone except for Morgana. His forehead was damp with sweat, the tips of his golden hair stuck to his skin. He was no longer in his armor, now shirtless but wrapped in Chalice's cloak.

"Kit, are you alright?"

He turned to find Selene staring down at him. She wasn't in her armor either, hair damp and hanging down for once. She looked like she'd just taken a bath, as opposed to Kit's dampness coming from sweat.

"Where's Chalice?" he asked coarsely. "Where-"

"I'm here, you're alright," Chalice hummed, brushing his hair back. They didn't seem to mind his sweat.

"You told me you wouldn't knock me out this time."

"I tried not to. I was slower, but everyone's first contact with the Gods takes a toll."

"You sweat like dog and complained every ten seconds, it was unbearable," Selene muttered.

He pushed himself into a sitting position. When he looked ahead, he saw Morgana crouched in front of a fire, but he glared and shuffled away when he noticed Kit was looking at him. "What's gotten into him?"

Selene scoffed. "You cut his leg and threw him against a tree, Kit, you could've killed him. Not to mention you tried to kidnap his best friend and then him."

He only had a faint memory of this. "Oh," was all he said.

"Well, do you remember what you saw?" It was Giselle. It seemed that, despite his attempt to arrest her earlier, she was just as interested in his vision as the rest of them.

He squeezed his eyes shut as if digging for a memory. "I was in a village I think. There were these shadows, they were starting to... to kill the people. And there was a woman, she gave me a map, and it said..."

There was a moment of quiet as he fought for the memory again.

"Well, it didn't say anything at first. Not until I told it I would do anything to... to save my people. And then it showed me... it showed me Camelot."

His words were slurring together, his head spinning. Everything felt funny.

"Morgana, knock it off," Giselle said.

Kit looked up to find the Unseelie leaning against a nearby tree, eyes glowing and fingers twirling.

"I'm just having fun, he deserves it, doesn't he?"

"He does, but now is not the time. He's got something important to say." Giselle looked back at him. "Camelot disappeared centuries ago when Arthur destroyed the sword."

"Yeah," he said, then left it at that. He managed to stand up now that Morgana wasn't messing with him, but he was still disoriented from the vision. He stumbled against several trees on his way to a bush, where he bent over and threw up everything he'd eaten in the past day. He swiped his hand across his mouth and turned back around to face the others.

"Do you know who you saw?" Chalice asked.

"You mean the lady? No idea." He slumped back against the wide tree, wrapping Chalice's cloak tighter around his shoulders.

"What did she look like?"

"Well, I couldn't really tell you. She had a crow with her, though." He shuttered at the thought of the creature on the woman's shoulder.

Chalice's eyes lit up. "I think you met the Morrigan."

If there was one thing Kit knew nothing about, it was the Gods. He was more inclined to believe in the King's church, but he supposed he couldn't deny what he saw.