XC7

Months passed. I went on dates with Oikawa every now and then, but I feel as if we aren't as close as I want us to be.

Today was another get-together. It's going to be me, Oikawa, Iwazumi, and the roommates. They've met before, at the apartment, but they wanted to meet again.

I guess Iwa and Kuroo have been texting each other ever since. They have a group chat with Bokuto now called the "Strong men, with one short dude" which makes Iwa pissed off, but he always is.

Me, Kuroo, Kenma, Yaku, and Kai were all walking to the place we were meeting up at. We took the train ride to Miyagi, which was about 2 hours, and I was starving. I wonder what place we were going to.

"Hey Y/n, over here!" I hear Oikawa yell. He runs over to me and picks me up, twirling me around in the air. Affectionate as ever, he's such a dork.

"Kuroo my mannnnn," Iwa said.

"Iwa my mannnnnn." Kuroo said.

They did this weird handshake thing that I didn't seem to understand, then continued on their way to the restaurant. Oikawa is standing beside me, holding my hand, he always does that.

"Oikawa, so affectionate today huh?" I say to him and he smiles.

"I can't be affectionate to my girlfriend?" He asks, "I love you, so obviously I will shower you in love." I roll my eyes, he's so cheesy sometimes, but I love it, I do.

"Here we are!" Iwa yells, pointing towards the ramen place. It was the one the team from Seijoh and I would go to all the time. I can't believe it's still here.

"I thought they were having to close down," I say, "We all stayed outside here with signs saying 'don't close down' and 'how are we supposed to have good ramen anymore?'"

He laughs, nodding his head, "I remember, Oikawa put you on his shoulders because you were shorter than all the rest of the people there." I punch him in the arm, but I laugh too.

"Well? Come on I'm starving!" Oikawa Announces, and we all go inside.

Kuroo and Iwa ordered about 10 bowls in all, 5 each, trying to see who could eat the most. Although no one won in the end due to them barfing it all after because they ate to much.

"Y/n, can we talk? Outside maybe?" Oikawa asks with a sly smile on his face. What was he up to?

"Sure, but for what?" I respond and he shakes his head.

"No! I can't tell you, it's a surprise." He says and then pulls me outside. I notice it's dark outside now considering we came at around noon and then stayed for like 4 hours.

He pulls me to the side of the shop, pinning me to the wall, "Sorry I haven't gotten to see you sooner, I'll make it up to you now." He winks then it all happens. I'm a stupid mess now, already under his spell.

He pulls away, "Hey you and the others should come to me and Iwa's place, well my sisters place but she doesn't live there much anymore," He began, "It's a big place, we have room~"

I blush, "I'll ask the others..."

"Good! It's settled then." He kisses me once more before going back to see the others.

...

"Well then, Make yourselves at home," Iwa said, putting up his jacket and taking off his shoes. "Sorry though, we don't have many slippers, you guys can walk around in your socks."

We all hang out a bit before heading to bed, and I and Oikawa go to his room. I was really tired, so he was bummed when I said that I couldn't tonight.

Once he was asleep, I was still the tiniest bit awake. He had his arms wrapped around me, he was warm. He was such a caring guy, the perfect boyfriend, but for some reason deep down inside, it doesn't feel right.

I got out of bed, putting the covers over him so he didn't get cold. I head outside and decide to find a calming place to sit.

It was cold, but I didn't care. I wandered around a bit, soon finding a pond that was way smaller than the one we had, but it had a bench next to it.

There was a person sitting there, but it was big enough for both of us. I sit down, staring into the water. Until someone says, "Y/n?"

It was the same 'Y/n?' that rolled off the tongue of him. Of Kenma. He was sitting on the other end of the bench, the same look on his face. The look I could never figure out.

"Oh hey, Kenma," I say to him. The mood gets awkward, he's sitting on one end, me on the other, no one talking. Until I finally have to ask,

"Why are you so, well I don't know, so hard to figure out?" I question, to which he responds with a confused look.

"What do you mean?" He began, "I'm always like this, it's just the way I am." He turns away, twiddling with his fingers.

I get up and walk over to him, our faces inches apart, "But I just can't figure it out, it's annoying." I say and he blushes. "Looks are always based off of someone's mood right? So what are you all the time?"

"Depressed, aren't we all?"

"..."

He sighs, getting up and moving away, "It's true, isn't it? No one here cares that I'm here feeling this way. You don't care, I don't even know if the team cares, it's just the way they know me."

I'm frozen, I never knew he felt this way. He was always so quiet, so invisible for me to even notice him. But then again, does he want it to be that way?

"Kenma, do you care if it's that way? Do you like it the way it is?" I question, and he goes wide-eyed, almost disgusted by what I said.

"Y/n, did you ever once think I wanted this? To be 'invisible' like a people person as you said?" He spat, "Did you ever once think that maybe, just maybe, a guy like me would somehow like a fucking person like you?"

"What?" I asked, did he really have feelings for me? I mean, yes, he was a great person, he made me laugh, made me smile, made me feel happy, but why would he tell me this now?

"Don't act dumb y/n, you knew I liked you, I still do, so don't make me feel worse about it."

"Kenma I have a boyfriend, you know that," I say. I feel really bad, and there is some type of pain in my stomach. What if that weird cat from that weird dream was right about something?

"Yes, y/n, I know that. A dumb bitch like me knows tons of things. But do you care?" He pauses, twitching a bit, "People like you will never be with people like me. Sorry that I don't live up to your expectations."

He runs off somewhere, not towards the house, where was he going?

"Kenma! Come back!" I yell, but it never reaches his ears. Why? Why now does he say this?

"Y/n?"

Then there is that same word, my name. But not out of the mouth I was hoping it would come off of.

"Kenma?"

But was it him? Was it the guy that I wanted to talk to so badly for no reason whatsoever? No, but it was my boyfriend.

Oikawa, it was the guy that I should have wanted to see. But this time I know. I didn't want it to be him standing there.

I wanted it to be Kenma.