XC2

"Y/n? What's wrong?" Yasu asked, looking at me, "Did something happen?"

I was standing there in shock, not responding to what uncle was saying. My face flushed and I closed my eyes.

"No! Nothings wrong," I finally responded, "Now, can I please have some practice clothes? Any I can borrow?"

Yasu motioned to one of the boys this morning, "Yaku please lend her some, she looks about your size, just way smaller."

Although I didn't want to, I followed the short boy who was just a little taller than me and left to the locker room. The same one I made a scene in this morning.

"So, are you going to try and ignore the team forever?" He asked, "Is that your plan?"

I hesitate and look to the side, I didn't want it to seem as true as it actually was.

"You know, I and the others don't care, we were just confused."

I relaxed a bit more after that and sigh, "Thank god, that was embarrassing as hell."

He smiled and ruffled my hair, "I can't believe you're shorter than me, guess you have to call me Yaku-senpai."

I flush again, "Hey! I'm not that short!"

He laughs and hands me some clothes, "These were the old managers, I think they will fit."

He leaves and tells me to meet him out in the gym, and I get changed.

They were small red shorts and a loose white t-shirt. The shorts fit fine, but the shirt was a little big, to be honest, I thought I looked pretty damn fine. (As you fucking should queen.)

I ran out, wearing some fitness shoes I found in the room, finders keepers.

"Y/n! We are going to play some 3vs3 since you are here, figured you would like it." Uncle states, and I nod.

I walk onto the court, finding myself on Yaku and pudding heads team. We were against bedhead and the other two from this morning.

"Well, nice to see ya again," Bedhead said from the other side of the net.

"Mhm," I mutter, still not wanting to make any contact with him whatsoever.

We play for a couple of hours, and the team that I am on eventually wins.

Pudding head walks off the court and takes tiny sips from his water bottle. So, I decided to thank him for all the good sets.

"Hey, pudding head! Good job!" I yell, walking over to him. I can tell he tenses up when hears my footsteps. He slowly turns around, me standing right in front of him, and I speak.

"Thanks for all the good sets, you're really good!"

He seems to blush just a little bit, and so did I. I felt like it was just me and him at that moment, but it didn't last long.

"Hey y/n! You can really play! You remind me of chibi-chan from Karasuno." Bedhead says. I should really figure out his name.

"Thanks, and I think I know who you are talking about." I respond.

"Huh, you know Shoyo?" Pudding head suddenly asks, and I wonder why.

"Yeah, my old school beat them in a game," I say, "The one with the super cool quick attack right? Swish, wow, kaboom?"

The team looked surprised when I started to say those words, all except one.

"Yeah yeah! And then he goes pow pow, pop!" A brown spiky haired guy joined. We went on for about three more minutes.

"Wait, so you went to Aoba Johsai?" Yaku asks, and I nod.

The team keeps talking with me when practice ends and I wave goodbye. It was dark out and I decided to take a different root to the train station.

"So much has happened in one day, I'm exhausted." I say to myself, walking down a nice little road.

I could see the city lights from across the river I was next to. The bright colors reflecting off of the water was stunning, reminding me of the little river I had back home.

I look at my phone, seeing the time is 5:49 pm, I still have some time until the train leaves.

I run along the path and turn down another, totally blocking out the buildings from view.

This path was nice and relaxing, the river poured into a little pond that had some tiny but bright lanterns floating on the surface.

I then see a bench on the side, so I decide to take a little break from exploring and sit down, staring at the flowers above me.

The trees were filled with barley noticeable purple flowers. They didn't seem to quite be fully in bloom yet, but they were still very pretty. I wonder what they are?

I look back down the path, it seems like it goes on forever. I stand up and run down it, dying to see where it leads.

My legs are still tired from practice, causing me to not go as fast as I wanted to, but spotted something in the distance after a while.

It seemed to be a shrine, which explained the lanterns and the long path.

It was beautiful, prettier than any shrine I've seen. Although all shrines are amazing in my opinion, this one, this one had a whole different feeling to it.

Before I can admire the view any longer, I feel my knees buckle together and my head in pain, I shouldn't have pushed myself too much.

But you know what they say, curiosity killed the cat, right?

It starts to rain and I become cold, unaware I was being carried. Even if the person that was carrying me was drenched too, there was a warmth that was there too, just enough to note myself someone was there with me, and I wasn't alone.