Chapter 1

<Conan POV>

Megure : Dr Kurokawa was drinking alcohol and using his computer when he suddenly attacked from behind. The murder weapon is undoubtedly this bronze statue. But what I don't understand is this: it appears to be his dying message, but what does 'J-U-N' mean?

Inspector said as he points out every clue they have. Kurokawa body lay on the floor on his stomach as his face were turn to the left and a keyboard with bloody fingerprints on it showing that Kurokawa did press the key before he died. In that very room, me, Oji-san, Inspector and Ran stand in the middle of the room around the body with Ran a bit to the left of the room. And at the door, stood three people which is highly the suspect, the wife, Kurokawa Mina-san, the son, Kurokawa Daisuke-san and the housemaid, Nakazawa Manami-san.

Kogorou : Heheh. That message points to the culprit.

Oji-san said as he chuckles. Inspector turns to look at him.

Megure : What do you mean?

Kogorou : Furthermore, the culprit is among these three people here.

Conan : Whoa, he's usually sharp today!

I said under my breath to not let anyone hear, especially Ran as to not arouse her suspicion again.

Kogorou : His wife, Kurokawa Mina-san, his eldest son, Kurokawa Daisuke-san and the housemaid, Nakazawa Manami-san. The culprit is one of these three.

Megure : Great job, Mouri-kun. So, who is it?

Kogorou : The one who killed Kurokawa Daizou is, you!

Oji-san said as he points to the wife which is wrong. This statement surprised everyone in the room and I look at him confusedly as to why he blames the wife.

Megure : T-the wife?

Oji-san then start to explain as he takes the calendar on the study table.

Kogorou : Kurokawa left three letter: J-U-N. In English, those letters are short for the month of June. June is the month of no water or 'Minazuki' which sound like Mina. Furthermore, you are....

Mina : So, I'm born in June! What of it? What kind of stupid reasoning gets you Mina from Minazuki? Are you trying to implicate me with such a ridiculous pun?

Mina-san said as she cut off Oji-san mid-sentence. She walks up to Oji-san looking pissed as she stood in front of him with both her hands on her hip.

Kogorou : Well, this is just my deductive reasoning.

Megure : Would a person in his dying moments be so indirect? If it were me, I would just type the culprit's name.

Kogorou : Inspector, not you too....

Conan : I guess this is the best Oji-san could do. Well, it can't be helped.

I thought as I quietly go behind the study table while everyone is looking at Oji-san getting scolded by Mina-san because of his accusation on innocent. As I get behind the study table, I get my wristwatch dart-gun ready and aim it to old man then shoot at him.

Conan : As usual, by using my wristwatch dart-gun, I'll have to put him to sleep

Kogorou : Oh, that pokey thing again....

I can hear Oji-san said as he falls on a chair and turn towards the study table back facing everyone.

Megure : Ah yes, that again. I was waiting for that!

Once I confirm that Oji-san is unconscious, I set up my voice-changing bowtie to his voice and take the lead.

Kogorou (C) : Yes, 'the culprit is the wife' was just a joke.